• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Like that Duncan shows up as "Timmy" lol.  Most surprising names on the list are Ariza and former Hawk Jason Terry.  Everyone else was an absolutely elite player.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somethin' tells me certain guys are gonna be jakin' from that spot in the coming season tryna unseat Trae.

Get ready Bulls and 'Zard fans.

I just like looking at the prism style poster. Reminds me of those old school posters you got at the mall back in the day.

I got one that says DREAM TEAM.. like an 1986-88 poster I think.

Akeem (no Hak then)

Magic

Bird

Mike

and our own Nique!

That was my ultimate dream team and under it says.. made in heaven! 

My gf thinks it doesn’t go with the decor of the house. :upsidedown:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I guess this is the result of the Maria Taylor fall out. Rachel no longer has to explain why we Hawks fans shouldn't expect the Hawks to be Eastern Conference finalists this year.

Update:

I always skipped that show because of her from the start. I hated her style. I swear I sniffed something just fishy and wrong about her right off the bat. 

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I always skipped that show because of her from the start. I hated her style. I swear I sniffed something just fishy and wrong about her right off the bat. 

Yeah I suspect the show was headed toward cancellation regardless.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lauri's free agency finally ... Finnish'd

Kemba Lillard** probably lookin' at POR mgt like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e478npnwzs27r2rwhyne0z

** Yeah, you read that right.

I don't understand why Cleveland would want Markannen. Doesn't he potentially block Mobley? Or are they just signing him to use as an asset in a big trade? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I don't understand why Cleveland would want Markannen. Doesn't he potentially block Mobley? Or are they just signing him to use as an asset in a big trade? 

Lauri+Sexton+picks = ???

That's a pretty mediocre package especially when you consider Sexton's gonna need a new deal.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, marco102 said:

I guess this is the result of the Maria Taylor fall out. Rachel no longer has to explain why we Hawks fans shouldn't expect the Hawks to be Eastern Conference finalists this year.

Update:

Everybody at ESPN secretly hates each other. And also they emphasize the whole identity politics thing, which can be so toxic and corrosive, and it brings out the absolute worst in people. They should take a page of out of TNT's playbook. Chuck and those guys, whether you like them or not, their rapport with one another is genuine, and it has more a family vibe.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Everybody at ESPN secretly hates each other. And also they emphasize the whole identity politics thing, which can be so toxic and corrosive, and it brings out the absolute worst in people. They should take a page of out of TNT's playbook. Chuck and those guys, whether you like them or not, their rapport with one another is genuine, and it has more a family vibe.

A family vibe? Shaq threatens to whoop Chuck's ass at least 3 times an episode. 🤜

😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

A family vibe? Shaq threatens to whoop Chuck's ass at least 3 times an episode. 🤜

😂

Exactly. With family you can do that. At ESPN if you're caught saying something not so nice about someone, you're dead to them. The Jump had to do multiple episodes at times because Nichols and Taylor couldn't be in the same room together. 

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

😂

Well, I threaten to kill you a couple times a week.  Doesn't kill the family vibe we got going on this site.

What?  You didn't know about the death threats?  Ohh, heh, heh..

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47qdpeamo67ngyk9hlua5

... nevermind then.

Speaking of death threats, I think it's safe to say Cavs fans are not on board with this Lauri pickup ...

https://realcavsfans.com/index.php?threads/koby-altman-nailed-the-rebuild.50450/page-57

Gotta love that thread title. 😆

• Haha 4

On 8/25/2021 at 4:04 PM, marco102 said:

Update:

That's going to be Monica McNutt's spot.  Or they move Sage Steele back to being on NBA coverage.  Alan Hahn would be a good fit with either of the two.  He works well with Monica on MSG Network coverage of the Knicks.

Or . . you go completely out the box and move Renee Montgomery into that spot.