• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

And Rich Paul is a greedy, lying unethical snake for advising him to turn it down. 

Ok man, This sounds personal..I dont care that much..lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

And Rich Paul is a greedy, lying unethical snake for advising him to turn it down. 

John Collins agent advised him to turn down 4 yr 90 mill..Lets say Collins gets injured last season, and ends up signng a 1 yr prove it deal..Youre saying its his agents fault? If thats the case, I need to sue my financial advisor..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

A long month? Maaaaaan! This is the BEST time of the year, football season is here and it's still early enough in the season that hopes and dreams haven't had time to be destroyed yet.

BBall will be starting soon enough too. 

Edited by RandomFan

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

A long month? Maaaaaan! This is the BEST time of the year, football season is here and it's still early enough in the season that hopes and dreams haven't had time to be destroyed yet.

BBall will be starting soon enough too. 

Don’t forget the Braves. 🤫 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrell said:

John Collins agent advised him to turn down 4 yr 90 mill..Lets say Collins gets injured last season, and ends up signng a 1 yr prove it deal..Youre saying its his agents fault? If thats the case, I need to sue my financial advisor..lol

Part of being an agent is understanding the market. JC is one the most efficient bigs in the game. Noel is a defensive big with a limited offensive game. Those guys are not highly coveted. Paul telling Noel to drop his agent because he could get him more money was a snake move. 

50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Part of being an agent is understanding the market. JC is one the most efficient bigs in the game. Noel is a defensive big with a limited offensive game. Those guys are not highly coveted. Paul telling Noel to drop his agent because he could get him more money was a snake move. 

So Noel should no better..Especially with his injury history..Just stupid..

Edited by terrell

54 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So he fired his agent since day 1 after 1 short conversation? lol. Like I said, he should know better..Dont blame Paul because youre an idiot..Who is Dennis Schroders agent btw? Exactly...

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

So he fired his agent since day 1 after 1 short conversation? lol. Like I said, he should know better..Dont blame Paul because youre an idiot..Who is Dennis Schroders agent btw? Exactly...

Word is Schroders agent gave him correct advice and he just didn't want to hear it. That's on Dennis if true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Word is Schroders agent gave him correct advice and he just didn't want to hear it. That's on Dennis if true.

Who determines what advice is correct or incorrect? Noel wouldve gotten more $ had he not got injured..He knew he had an injury history and was pretty limited player...Lets just see what happens in court..You cant sue your agent everytime you think he gave you bad advice.You either take the advice or you dont......My nephew is in NFL. I know how agents work...No different than what Paul did...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Players play basketball, if they were experts at predicting the marketplace and negotiating contracts then they wouldn't pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for an agent. To say he should have known better undermines the whole purpose of having an agent in the first place. If I knew better, what do I need you for? I can know better for free, or I can invest in my career and hire the "best" possible team to help me make the right choices.

An agent works for the player. He has a job to do. If you suck at your job there will be consequences. 

You told me you were the best. You told me you could accomplish a task. You failed to come through and apparently you weren't even present enough to answer the phone. 

In reality, Noel will not recoup the lost money, but there are damages that he should be awarded for negligence on Pauls part if he in fact did not respond to teams calling for Noel.

This isn't a "sue you agent because he gave bad advice." It's a track record of mismanagement of a client over a stretch of time, due to negligence on the agents behalf. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's interesting looking back and revisiting how things unfolded once he passed on Dallas' initial offer....

Nerlens Noel's Big-Money Contract Chase Takes Wrong Turn in Dallas

On July 1, the official first day of the NBA's 2017-18 free-agency season, the Mavericks came to Nerlens Noel, a restricted free agent at the time, with a contract offer: a four-year deal worth around $70 million

Except Noel rejected the deal. Then in August, he fired his agent, Happy Walters, and replaced him with Rich Paul

For Noel, the months since have only grown more turbulent. He's fallen into head coach Rick Carlisle's doghouse and been relegated to the bench. Earlier this month, he made news by paying a visit to the media dining room during halftime of a game against the Clippers so he could get a hot dog, seemingly his version of expressing discontent with his situation.

And then last week, the Mavericks announced Noel would be undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb. Owner Mark Cuban said the decision was made by Noel and Paul, not the team. Noel had the surgery Friday and is expected to miss about a month.

While shooting jumpers prior to the Dec. 6 game against the Celtics and just an hour before the surgery announcement, Noel told reporters that that the injury wasn't "anything crazy" and didn't require surgery. But he also said the team's trainers had said he "should probably get some surgery and get it fixed up now." He felt that offered the best path for him to get healthy, and he also admitted his current standing in the rotation contributed to the decision.

Maybe a little bit, but more so my health first," Noel said. "But, yeah, it might factor in a little."

"I most definitely don't regret anything. I'm not nervous because I know my abilities," he told Bleacher Report. "I know what I'm capable of. I know what I can get on the court any time, day or night, and do.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748064-nerlens-noels-big-money-contract-chase-takes-wrong-turn-in-dallas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Players play basketball, if they were experts at predicting the marketplace and negotiating contracts then they wouldn't pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for an agent. To say he should have known better undermines the whole purpose of having an agent in the first place. If I knew better, what do I need you for? I can know better for free, or I can invest in my career and hire the "best" possible team to help me make the right choices.

An agent works for the player. He has a job to do. If you suck at your job there will be consequences. 

You told me you were the best. You told me you could accomplish a task. You failed to come through and apparently you weren't even present enough to answer the phone. 

In reality, Noel will not recoup the lost money, but there are damages that he should be awarded for negligence on Pauls part if he in fact did not respond to teams calling for Noel.

This isn't a "sue you agent because he gave bad advice." It's a track record of mismanagement of a client over a stretch of time, due to negligence on the agents behalf. 

So why wait until Paul ask for his $ before lawsuit? Was he just going to let it go? lol. 

And why is everyone just glossing over the fact that Noel got injured AGAIN?

Paul cant predict injuries..No agent can..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I didn't even remember this:

Noel dealt with a thumb injury that caused him to miss a lot of time last season, and was suspended five games in early April for violating the league's anti-drug program.

When you bet on yourself, you can't act the fool in a contract year. You have to be a model citizen and be a professional on and off the court and put up the stats to warrant the contract ask.

Noel had some paltry statistics (eeewww) expecting $100 million - 8.5pts/6.8rebs after he was traded to Dallas. His QO year he played 30 games 4.4pts/5.6rebs.....Rich oversold what he was worth, can't sue for that, particularly since Noel didn't do his part on the court during the season.

It remains to be seen what happens regarding the 'not calling back teams' issue.

I shouldn't be this intrigued, but I am, lol.

In the past 2 years we've seen players decline initial offers and came out smelling like roses on the other end...JC, Malik Beasley, Ingram, even Lauri Maakenan (though that took awhile)...then we have Dennis.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't even remember this:

When you bet on yourself, you can't act the fool in a contract year. You have to be a model citizen and be a professional on and off the court and put up the stats to warrant the contract ask.

Noel had some paltry statistics (eeewww) expecting $100 million - 8.5pts/6.8rebs after he was traded to Dallas. His QO year he played 30 games 4.4pts/5.6rebs.....Rich oversold what he was worth, can't sue for that, particularly since Noel didn't do his part on the court during the season.

It remains to be seen what happens regarding the 'not calling back teams' issue.

I shouldn't be this intrigued, but I am, lol.

In the past 2 years we've seen players decline initial offers and came out smelling like roses on the other end...JC, Malik Beasley, Ingram, even Lauri Maakenan (though that took awhile)...then we have Dennis.  

Yeah, that part will be interesting. 

It's just interesting how the narrative around Rich Paul has made some think he's a terrible agent.  When in fact, so far, he's gotten most of his players exactly what they wanted.  Considering the talent he's had as a part of his agency, his negotiations probably aren't too tough.  He also has way more clout now because of all the talent at his agency.  Teams can't piss him off about his lower tier guys if they want some of his  upper tier guys. 

I'll just wait for things to play out. 

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, that part will be interesting. 

It's just interesting how the narrative around Rich Paul has made some think he's a terrible agent.  When in fact, so far, he's gotten most of his players exactly what they wanted.  Considering the talent he's had as a part of his agency, his negotiations probably aren't too tough.  He also has way more clout now because of all the talent at his agency.  Teams can't piss him off about his lower tier guys if they want some of his  upper tier guys. 

I'll just wait for things to play out. 

Paul will settle for an undisclosed amount. The spectacle of a trial, having to go on the stand, having various people subpoenaed, financial disclosure, etc., is usually why they choose to settle.