• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

Just now, bleachkit said:

It is going to hard to pay everyone, but I guess that's the price for drafting well. 

Not hard at all. If the Hawks win a championship in the next couple of seasons, I don't see them letting any of the young core go and they will be willing to go into the Luxury tax for that squad. 

Who did GS lose? I don't remember if they lost any of their young core because of salary cap issues.  They shipped Harris Barnes out to get KD, but that was for a way bigger upgrade. 

Just now, marco102 said:

Not hard at all. If the Hawks win a championship in the next couple of seasons, I don't see them letting any of the young core go and they will be willing to go into the Luxury tax for that squad. 

Who did GS lose? I don't remember if they lost any of their young core because of salary cap issues.  They shipped Harris Barnes out to get KD, but that was for a way bigger upgrade. 

Reddish and Hunter can really raise our ceiling but they gotta do it, can't just hope they can as we been doing. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reddish and Hunter can really raise our ceiling but they gotta do it, can't just hope they can as we been doing. 

This is True. Luckily we have another two years with them to see where we stand.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

The only players they have kept during their run are their big 3, Steph, Klay, and Draymond. That's it. So yeah, it's hard to keep a roster together. 

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The only players they have kept during their run are their big 3, Steph, Klay, and Draymond. That's it. So yeah, it's hard to keep a roster together. 

who did they draft besides the big three were their only competent draft picks besides Harrison Barnes.  Who else did they draft that required a decent extension did they not keep?  

The answer is no one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

They didn't lose anyone who's play warranted being paid.

Who left and went on to do anything significant?  Most were past prime and expendable.   Different situation than ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Y'all, Im so used to us being home in May. Do you realize we are in July and those dates are literally just around the corner?

July- Draft

August- Summer League/Olympics

September- Training Camp

October - Live Basketball

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Y'all, Im so used to us being home in May. Do you realize we are in July and those dates are literally just around the corner?

July- Draft

August- Summer League/Olympics

September- Training Camp

October - Live Basketball

Yeah, it feels great to be honest.  I got season tickets for the first time ever for next year (back when we were below .500), and the season cannot come fast enough.  I tried really hard to get some of my buddies on the Hawks train back in December telling them this is the last chance they'll get before I label them bandwagon fans.  To be honest, the last 3 years of losing has not felt like THAT long of a time frame.  My expectation around the time we drafted Cam/Hunter was that we would be competing starting the '23 season (last year of their rookie deals), so making the ECF finals was a nice surprise.  There are no guarantees going forward though so I hope we keep staying competitive.  But I do have more faith in this Front office, coaching staff, and roster than any one before it.

• Like 3

Bad for the health of the players, but great for us fans. If the finals go 7 games, we're looking at about only 2.5 months without basketball. Depending if you consider summer league as basketball

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3

Seems that the question is ever before us.  Hawks really need a center and a PG.  Over and over thru the years that refrain continued.  Now, the same song but with different words.  Hawks really need good back up center and PG.  

I have heard that the Kings may have the aged big man we desire that would be out #3 center.  As for the backup PG, I have heard several, McConnell and D. Rose being mentioned the most.  

Lou Williams may come back.  That's fine.  Trae really respects him and that's very important.  He thought, retirement, but changed his mind and came here.  

Capela, Fernando, Knight and Okongwu are all centers on our current roster.  I can't see all four remaining here for next season.  I might be wrong.  Would not be the first time.  

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Bad for the health of the players, but great for us fans. If the finals go 7 games, we're looking at about only 2.5 months without basketball. Depending if you consider summer league as basketball

We needed the reps we missed due to the bubble

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

XjBuZLf9MVou4Stl5N5YQEJ%2BJd1uUbmknjs=&r

.....but that's all we have at the moment.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

NBA is becoming a year round sport, like Soccer. 

• Like 3