• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Most guys are done growing by age 17 or so. In fact some guys are done growing by age 14 or 15. For RJ Barrett to grow 2 inches at age 21? I'm going to have to call BS on that. You don't stay 6'7" for 2 years, and then suddenly add 2 inches. That's not how it works. 

I don't believe it either. What I think happens is say Barrett was officially 6'5.5 without shoes during last training camp. He may have put on some muscle which spurred a small height increase to the effect of slightly less than half an inch. So now a year later he is closer to 6'6 without shoes, but because its the offseason he and his trainer measured him in shoes at 6'7.5 and then decided to round up to 6'8. Now his team is going around saying he grew 2 inches from 6'6 to 6'8. And on top of that he looks taller due to bulking up so people buy in to it and repeat it.

That's my hypothesis on how these things get started. Again, the timing was my point of emphasis. The fact that you hear it "over the summer" because that's when guys are with their own trainers and agents who are doing these unofficial measurements and spreading them like gospel. You won't hear about height or weight change during the season, only right before.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sturt said:

I had him getting 2-3 yrs @ something between $3 and $5m per from someone... so nah... I was too far off the mark.

Word abroad was that CSKA Moscow was going to give him a big pay day if he stayed in Europe. I'm a little surprised he settled for what amounts to a 1 year prove-it deal. But at least he's going to a team with enough question marks that, at some point, he's going to get some minutes to do just that, prove it.

You may have overestimated the market but most people didn't think there was a market for him so I still say kudos on that one.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not nearly enough gloating from stu on this Pangos deal. 

I’m sorry did he sign with the Hawks? Hmm, I could have sworn Stu said he was gonna go to the Hawks. 

Ahhhhh that was close. I almost give him credit but he didn’t show his work correctly.

EEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (buzzer noise)

Its the closest he’s been though. Thingram didn’t happen, Wood didn’t happen, Yogi Ferrell.. etc. 

Look if you pitch a ⚾️ to Haze 10 times, he’s gonna hit it once. (In Hazies possibly 4/10 cuz he walks around campus being a bada$$, lets say the average Joe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Perk is my man he lives Trae but 70 for the Lakers???? Is he nuts? 60 is nuts. The line is properly set at 51.5 Fine, they added all these vets but vets don’t care about regular season wins. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lakers came in as a 5th or 6th seed this year. These guys are old, they won’t be playing every game in the regular season.

Kendrick Perkins Thinks Los Angeles Lakers Can Have A 70-Win Season: "Just Look At The Lineup"

I think Lakers go 50-32, somewhere around there.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Perk is my man he lives Trae but 70 for the Lakers???? Is he nuts? 60 is nuts. The line is properly set at 51.5 Fine, they added all these vets but vets don’t care about regular season wins. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lakers came in as a 5th or 6th seed this year. These guys are old, they won’t be playing every game in the regular season.

Kendrick Perkins Thinks Los Angeles Lakers Can Have A 70-Win Season: "Just Look At The Lineup"

Agree and honestly they are dumb to even try for a 70 win season.  That would require a lot of minutes from the old, creaky and old and creaky.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think people aren't recognizing these old teams will not value the regular season.

Same guys that think LAL will win 60+ are the same dudes that'll tell you the Lakers can win without a top seed.

Well, those two things can't be true.  If they don't need to care about seeding, why would they expend the effort to win 60+ games?

Or are they suggesting the Malik Monks of the world will key a 70-win team?  'Cause, newsflash, they'll need to ride the Monks and Nunns of the world at many points in the reg. season so their big guns will be fresh for the playoffs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry did he sign with the Hawks?

This is just so typical. So so so typical.

Master twister. Master baiter.

I'm sorry, did I say he would sign with the Hawks?

No.

I said Pangos was a viable option, and that I'd like to see it.

What did Spud say?

Spud said Pangos not only would not sign with the Hawks, but as I recall, Pangos wasn't even a worthy opponent for Spud to take-on in his driveway, or words to that effect. (Suppose that one can take that to mean, now anyway, that Spud would mop the floor with anyone on that Cleveland roster.)

Spud enjoys playing these word games, tho, and moreover, posts for entertainment value, not for substance. So it doesn't bother him to lie or twist or bait. Whatever it takes to get a reaction.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is just so typical. So so so typical.

Master twister. Master baiter.

I'm sorry, did I say he would sign with the Hawks?

No.

I said Pangos was a viable option, and that I'd like to see it.

What did Spud say?

Spud said Pangos not only would not sign with the Hawks, but as I recall, Pangos wasn't even a worthy opponent for Spud to take-on in his driveway, or words to that effect.

Spud enjoys playing these word games, tho, and moreover, posts for entertainment value, not for substance. So it doesn't bother him to lie or twist or bait. Whatever it takes to get a reaction.

image.gif.a7d33870b7f93dff0c1aa5c32f61e880.gif

Aight, so this isn't Hawks or even bball related, but I'm over howling and crying at this. I can't keep it together. 

First, watch to the end of this clip for the sound the woman makes to imitate the gun sound, which is hilarious enough by itself. 

But then the part I'm dying over, someone put that sound in this clip from Harlem Nights. DED! 💀

Edited by RandomFan
  • Haha 2