2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Shot 47.9% from 3 last year albeit on low volume.

Yeah that was kind of amazing for a 30% lifetime shooter.   It seemed like he also didn't see much PT for France in the Olympics but i didn't watch a lot of games.   I maybe wrong on that but when i did watch i didn't know why he wasn't in.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Their options are to spend money to add talent, or lose Dame to a team that will.

Wall is slightly better defensively than CJ, but still not good. Comparatively

Defensive Rating/Defensive Win Shares

Wall; 111.8/(0.82)

CJ 112.8/ (0.78)

Trae 113/ (0.76)

Dame 115.6/ (0.54)

I agree, his outside shooting is not on the same level CJ. But he offers playmaking that could alleviate a lot of stress off of Dame. IDK, just a thought. I prefer that than seeing Wall cash out and go jump on a super team bandwagon somewhere

Lakers should trade Westbrook for Wall. Lol

Honestly, I would've liked seeing Wall with Ant and Bron. That would've been a lot more interesting than Russ.

He waited too long to try making his way out of Houston. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:  Oh Dennis!!!

I've always liked Dennis.  And I still respect him for at least trying to be the leader of the Hawks when the franchise took all of his help away from him.

As for the IG post, a few things

- He's a great sport about not getting that big contract he was looking for.  Dennis' sense of humor was always one of his strong suits.

- He's low key flossing like hell, with the Black Phantom Rolls Royce and the Baby Blue Bugatti in the shot

- And I like what lethalshooter says abut God not making any mistakes, and that his next contract will be bigger.

He'll get a chance to play a significant role for the Celtics, that should make them a better team. And if they make some noise in the playoffs, a team will definitely pay for his services.  He's only 28, so he's in the prime of his career for the next 2 - 4 years.

• Like 2

Some good stuff in here. Trae is mentioned. Also an interesting take on why he values Heurter more than Sexton. 

This is a good clip out of the article: 

In previous pieces, I’ve harped on the phrase “predictability is the detriment of success in the NBA” and I think it rings true again here. The elite tier of advantage creators are unguardable because there is always a counter. You can pre-rotate, force them into non-ideal areas of the court, but when push comes to shove, they’re going to find a way. This realization has led to a philosophy point that I wholeheartedly agree with — valuing team-defense more than POA defense. It’s a mature way of taking your medicine and accepting the inevitable, practically acknowledging that your initial layer is bound to be broken, and that your best hope is overwhelming inside the arc with help defense and schemed rotations. The Clippers arguably have two of the league’s best wing defenders, but that didn’t stop Luka from getting whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted it. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Some good stuff in here. Trae is mentioned. Also an interesting take on why he values Heurter more than Sexton. 

Thanks for sharing an interesting article.  I do have to say that the Huerter / Sexton comparison is almost all focused on the limitations of Sexton versus any assessment of Huerter.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thanks for sharing an interesting article.  I do have to say that the Huerter / Sexton comparison is almost all focused on the limitations of Sexton versus any assessment of Huerter.

I think that's just his condensed talking points in this article. I assume a much larger discussion took part in the piece he was alluding to.

42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Among the pantheon of NBA's most overrated players, Wall has to be near the top. 

Can't make a credible argument against that.  If I heard right, he's only played like 40 games since signing his super-max extension.  That had to have been like 4-5 years ago, right?  yUcK

Edited by kg01

Robert Parrish on the Jordan/Bulls just now ...

"And lemme tell you this ... they wouldn'ta won sh*t without Dennis Rodman!"

Hosts:  200.webp?cid=ecf05e470tt4vh6baj4m5s5ojg7

"Uh, let's go to break."

😄

To his credit though, he did say Nique got slighted on the Top-50 list.  Hopes that wrong gets righted on the Top-75.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Why all our x’s going to our enemy. Wasn’t enough with Alice… Bruno..Kris Dunn and now..

Mutual interest between Celtics, Brandon Goodwin

i_31_b8_5b_brandon-goodwin.png?w=190

Chris Grenham: Former Hawks guard Brandon Goodwin tells me he worked out with Celtics this week. There is no training camp agreement between Boston and Goodwin yet, but there is interest from both sides. Goodwin played in 47 games with Atlanta last year, averaging 4.9 points and 2.0 assists.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks coach :indifferent:!  Now ahhh skeet skeet..

Not all players can crash into a set defensive and have a block called. So does he practice running into dummies for blocks? Assistant coaches? Each member of the Lakers should have to endure a charge from him in each and every practice.

i_1d_a6_f5_lebron-james.png?w=190

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, Spud2nique said:

Not all players can crash into a set defensive and have a block called. So does he practice running into dummies for blocks? Assistant coaches? Each member of the Lakers should have to endure a charge from him in each and every practice.

I'm torn.

I agree with your snark but also agree with his sentiment.

I also look at pics/vids of Dwhine Howard workin' on his 3 like ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ymqi34ztxsop8c1cyj

• Haha 3

• Moderators
On 9/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, Spud2nique said:

I guess Lakers practice looks like a lot of this?  sad-nba.gif

• Haha 4