• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Towns might ask out soon. @Sothron what's going on with your Wolves? What did Rosa's do?

Brand??? Really??

I honestly don't know other than the Twovles guys saying the new owners didn't like him and want to bring Brand or their own guy to run the franchise. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly don't know other than the Twovles guys saying the new owners didn't like him and want to bring Brand or their own guy to run the franchise. 

Makes sense because the players in MIN liked Rosas but if the new owners didn't, then you know what happens next. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Any truth to this:

Sources: Wolves Fired Basketball Ops Lead Gersson Rosas For Creating Toxic Culture, ‘Inappropriate Relationship’

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/09/22/timberwolves-part-ways-with-president-of-basketball-operations-gersson-rosas/

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any truth to this:

Sources: Wolves Fired Basketball Ops Lead Gersson Rosas For Creating Toxic Culture, ‘Inappropriate Relationship’

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/09/22/timberwolves-part-ways-with-president-of-basketball-operations-gersson-rosas/

Yes to the affair, it was consensual with a staff member. I've heard two different things about "toxic culture" but if the new owners don't like you and you give them a reason to fire you, well, there you are.

I'm not heart broken the guy is fired as a Twolf fan. He should have protected the picks better in the Dlo trade. That being said he was given a crap hand to deal with and he is leaving the team better off than he found it. 

• Like 1

LATER ON, WHAT IF ??

The Atlanta Hawks have two new members (draft picks) that we value a lot more than all those NBA teams that passed them when they had the opportunity to chose them.  Due to the fact that the Hawks are so deep at every position we expect both of them to start the season at College Park.

How long will it be before these two young lads outgrow their G League home and make it impossible to keep them down on the farm?  Not very long I'm thinking.  This means that someone that starts out on the home fifteen man roster will have to be moved somewhere.

Maybe they don't even go down.  JJ more likely than SC.  What happens to the extra players?  Will they be sent down?  Not likely to go to the G League.  Released?  Sold for future draft picks?  Traded two or three borderline players for one?

Nice problem to have.  But it's there, staring us right in the face.  Do you believe that I, being a homer, have valued our two draft picks higher than they really are?  That this will not happen?  Wait and see !!

If, as I believe, there is a problem here, what is the solution?

😃

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yes to the affair, it was consensual with a staff member. I've heard two different things about "toxic culture" but if the new owners don't like you and you give them a reason to fire you, well, there you are.

I'm not heart broken the guy is fired as a Twolf fan. He should have protected the picks better in the Dlo trade. That being said he was given a crap hand to deal with and he is leaving the team better off than he found it. 

Apparently the other staff member was also relieved of her duties - both parties are married with kids. 

They were caught 'doing the deed' while at work?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Apparently the other staff member was also relieved of her duties - both parties are married with kids. 

They were caught 'doing the deed' while at work?

Apparently it wasn't really a secret in the front office it was going on. And when asked point blank about it he admitted to it. She was a subordinate staff member. I have to be honest in that while I never condone cheating I also think it is just wrong to fire consenting adults for having a consenting sexual relationship. If he had pressured her to have sex that's clearly a different matter. But that's not what happened.

I get that it isn't professional but I don't like the government or corporations getting involved in any adult's consenting sexual relationships. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Apparently it wasn't really a secret in the front office it was going on. And when asked point blank about it he admitted to it. She was a subordinate staff member. I have to be honest in that while I never condone cheating I also think it is just wrong to fire consenting adults for having a consenting sexual relationship. If he had pressured her to have sex that's clearly a different matter. But that's not what happened.

I get that it isn't professional but I don't like the government or corporations getting involved in any adult's consenting sexual relationships. 

The issue I have is 'subordinate staff member' - leaves room for too many issues to crop up within the 'work environment' particularly when/if the relationship goes south.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The issue I have is 'subordinate staff member' - leaves room for too many issues to crop up within the 'work environment' particularly when/if the relationship goes south.

How could that happen when two married people are cheating with each other?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would fire someone who entered into a relationship with a subordinate (and management at my company would know that was off limits on the front end).  The power dynamic there is a significant risk for the employer and a consenting relationship turns into a sexual harassment case very easily when the decisions on a subordinate's career advancement, bonuses, compensation, etc. are being made in part or in whole by the higher level manager.  This is doubly true for top level management.  If the "other" is outside of the manager's authority, then that is much less problematic.  For example, a CFO dating someone from sales or supply chain who doesn't ultimately report up to the CFO is much different than the CFO dating an accountant whose boss or boss's boss probably reports to the CFO.  

Nothing from my personal life but I've handled enough harassment charges and lawsuits in my career to have a pretty strong opinion on that one.

Now you are much more versed in this than any of us but I'm reading some bias in your speech there (not a critical statement).  Would you say that's informed bias or societal bias coming out? Would you see it 100% the same way if it was either A) a same sex case of 2 consenting adults B) a female boss, male subordinate.  Again, not trying to say anything but curious about your opinion on this related to something not board related.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Now you are much more versed in this than any of us but I'm reading some bias in your speech there (not a critical statement).  Would you say that's informed bias or societal bias coming out? Would you see it 100% the same way if it was either A) a same sex case of 2 consenting adults B) a female boss, male subordinate.  Again, not trying to say anything but curious about your opinion on this related to something not board related.

I'm not speaking for AHF, but from a corporates risk standpoint he is right on point.  We have a firm policy that managers and partners can not date staff and seniors because of exactly what AHF mentioned.  Sexual harassments goes both ways these days.

• Thanks 2