• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Moderators

'Twas a great run, this thread here!

We'll lock this baby down sometime tomorrow after tip-off. In the meantime, don't forget we have our Around the Association forum for discussing non-Hawks-specific items during the season.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/forum/2-around-the-association/

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

'Twas a great run, this thread here!

We'll lock this baby down sometime tomorrow after tip-off. In the meantime, don't forget we have our Around the Association forum for discussing non-Hawks-specific items during the season.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/forum/2-around-the-association/

~lw3

Inb4thalock

Somebody get the guy shakes a Squawk account!

I regret nothiiiiinnnnnnggggg!!!!!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95271a38c7da1e29bb8a

:mosking:

Post of the decade, Newman.

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So that's the plan....we going buck wild before the 🔐 

Go Braves!

Yep.  I think I'm gonna bet buk wild then go on a gif-strike until they let shakes get onto the squawk.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
On 10/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, kg01 said:

JoeLLLL's become one of my least favorite players.  Freaking fraud.

I can't blame him for being resentful in a presser following an offseason where Ben wouldn't talk to anyone; Ben complained the team wasn't sufficiently built around him; Ben said he wasn't going to even show up; and then Ben showed up and wouldn't actually participate in practice leading to his being kicked out and suspended.  I'd be pretty done with him at that point as well.

Kobe was ready to slit Shaq's throat because Kobe felt like  he wasn't sufficiently committed to the team (and was hogging too much spotlight from Kobe) when Shaq was still putting up elite numbers and the team was still making the NBA finals.  Ben isn't even trying at this point coming into a season where Embiid wants to compete for a title and the first question every time he steps in front of the press is about Ben's drama.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can't blame him for being resentful in a presser following an offseason where Ben wouldn't talk to anyone; Ben complained the team wasn't sufficiently built around him; Ben said he wasn't going to even show up; and then Ben showed up and wouldn't actually participate in practice leading to his being kicked out and suspended.  I'd be pretty done with him at that point as well.

Kobe was ready to slit Shaq's throat because Kobe felt like  he wasn't sufficiently committed to the team (and was hogging too much spotlight from Kobe) when Shaq was still putting up elite numbers and the team was still making the NBA finals.  Ben isn't even trying at this point coming into a season where Embiid wants to compete for a title and the first question every time he steps in front of the press is about Ben's drama.

He earned 'fraud' status with me well before that press conference.  He's the same dude who's less than a year removed from folks questioning his commitment due to his affinity for ho-ho's as a pregame meal and due to his offseason filled with following instagram ho-ho's around.

Just as there are questions about the degree to which Simmons committed to his craft, JoeLLLL's commitment was very much in question as well.  The guy would've been the mvp if he'd been in shape - and this was this past season.  Now he's the one throwing stones? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Best thing about the offseason is that it's over.  Sounds like all the squawkers have all this strange mix of pent up aggression and nervous energy.  Since lethal's about to press the nuke button on this thread, they figured they'd let it all out here 'cause they think nobody's gonna see it.

Clearly @lethalweapon3 is a tech guy so you know he's super awkward...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47y882g8ozgn6ar8b40

Get it, git it lethal.

@JayBirdHawk and @Spud2nique tryin' a little too hard to make it look like they didn't coordinate dance moovs ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47y882g8ozgn6ar8b40x

And you know the max cat, @NBASupes gonna let it all hang out ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470wcwrv48bc1xdh7ohk

I'm pretty sure @AHF missed a button .. or three?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47y882g8ozgn6ar8b40

@LucastheThird, we still recognize you with a fake 'stache, bro ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47nrojljmeuz8hhuv73a

@bird_dirt droppin' it like it's hot ... for all these dudes.  Ok, bird.  Do you ..

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47nrojljmeuz8hhuv73ai

I mean ... are you .. is that a seizure, @MaceCase ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4727rdpvzvgduxhw277s

Hoping to make an entry for @shakes soon, mods....

:laugh1: missed these! Looks like my 25 year high school reunion.

• Haha 2