• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who comes up with these trades??

JCDBaptist

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You mean like that Knicks poster that said the only reason they lost to us in the playoffs was due to Mitchell Robinson? The same Robinson I had in two fantasy leagues that before he was hurt was not even the starter over Noel. I swear these ppl are just straight up nuts.

Good lort what is with that guy?

He wants us to believe a dude that was barely starting ... is gonna swing a 4-1 series?  Not only that but that the Knicks would "dominate" Atlanta if he'd played?

And to completely ignore that the Hawks had multiple rotation players injured or playing hurt.  Yikes.  And people call that the most knowledgeable fanbase and that the league is "better" when they're good?  Double yikes.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And people call that the most knowledgeable fanbase and that the league is "better" when they're good?  Double yikes.

Hey, I been to MSG last year and I will not sit here and let you bash some of the smartes…

WHAT? MY BAGEL 🥯 IS READY? 

I digress..

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wait, he got bann'd?!  By who?

School 'em, saphron

Yep.  I went on Bucks page.  I simply answered some questions that their posters had posed.

:search:

• Sad 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Yep.  I went on Bucks page.  I simply answered some questions that their posters had posed.

:search:

I got a board warning just for making a joke and calling them the Yucks.  Apparently the Bucks posters are very thin skinned and the mods enable it.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Welllll... there was a time when the Squawk banned GreyMule, sooooooo... #TheSquawkIsGabbage #DolfAskingQuestionsLater

That was all very confusing.  Maybe one day the mods will write their memoir and we will get the deets.

29 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Welllll... there was a time when the Squawk banned GreyMule, sooooooo... #TheSquawkIsGabbage #DolfAskingQuestionsLater

I'm surprised I never got any type of ban from Admin with all of the teasing I did towards him back in the day.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I keep seeing 'we need to consolidate' - after last season's injuries?  It was our depth that kept us afloat.  The only consolidation is for a SUPERSTAR - not a shuffling the deck chairs trade because that player is a 'name'

At some point probably - I think at possibly the trade deadline or at the end of next season would give us a good barometer of where we are. 

What we need is to sure up from what we have determined are our playoff weaknesses:

• Backup PG - another offseason saying this, we need long term stability here. Since Trae was drafted it has been a revolving door.
  • Perimeter defense - hopefully a healthy Hunter and Reddish fixes that
  • Rebounding

I would like to see what Nate's Full Offensive and Defensive philosophy looks like with this group, having an offseason and training camp to implement and work with the team.

He def doesn't need to change the offense. That is alot of what Indiana fans complained about. LP wasn't great but his offense was tops in generating open threes. The Hawks were still good at that in the playoffs, but missed a ton.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Guys like him and TXChuck are the worst.  Literally post in every Hawks-related thread just to throw shade.

Like, if you dislike them so much, it's easy - Stop posting in every Hawks-related thread.

It's like them dudes are Hawks-masochists.

They have superiority complex where we are Homers and they are just being objective.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They have superiority complex where we are Homers and they are just being objective.

Exactly.  But, if all your "objective" opinions are slanted one way, don't you have to start to recognize your bias?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He def doesn't need to change the offense. That is alot of what Indiana fans complained about. LP wasn't great but his offense was tops in generating open threes. The Hawks were still good at that in the playoffs, but missed a ton.

I don't think a full on change will happen, but tweaks are needed.  We've talked about Trae playing off ball a lot.  I would like to see some deliberate offensive schemes to make that happen.  Trae needs more simple catch and shoot opportunities designed within the offense.

• Like 2