• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Capela for Turner

TheFuzz

Let me start by saying I do value Capela and what he brings. He's a solid starting center and I wouldn't trade him just to trade him. I'd either want a solid pick for him, or use him as part of a package deal for a star (Beal and KAT come to mind as players potentially available).

I think Capela and Turner are in the same tier as players, but I also think Turner is a better fit. We basically trade Capela's rebounding for Turner's shot. Having that shot would really unlock Collin's game IMO, and Turner can still protect the rim on the other side. I don't think we can afford to lose Collins for nothing, but he's also going to be expensive. To make him worth his contract I think we have to put him in the best position to succeed.

I also think Turner and Okongwu could play alongside each other some, whereas Okongwu and Capela definitely cannot. Question is, how do we turn Capela into Turner without giving up too many more assets?

Here's a thought:

CHA gets Capela, Hawks 2022 pick (if necessary).

IND gets #11

ATL gets Turner

Nice and simple. Does a deal like this meaningfully improve our team's chances in the postseason? (Obviously, I believe the answer is yes!)