• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin (screwin' up the)Bagley

kg01

In the latest chapter of Kangs gonna Kang ...

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/sacramento-kings/marvin-bagley-on-liking-tweet-wanting-to-leave-kings-i-can-like-whatever-i-choose-and-please-and-whatever-i-feel-like-liking/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sacramento Kings big man Marvin Bagley recently addressed the stir he caused across social media by liking a tweet about wanting to leave the team. 

“First of all, it’s my Twitter, bro,” Bagley said during an appearance on the Halfway Decent Pod. “It’s my Twitter. It has my name on it. I can like whatever I choose and please, and whatever I feel like liking.”

Reminds me of a song ... "It's my twitter and I'll cry if I want to ..."

Bu-why'd Marv pick that moment to vent his frugistrations (I knew a gurl that pronounced it like that)?  Well, the answer is found deeply embedded in a concept introduced by the immortal @Diesel who famously identified that the Hawks are out here ruining futures ...

“That just came from frustration,” he said. “I wouldn’t even say frustration, just that built-up fire. I think I did it after watching Trae [Young] go for 50 in the playoffs, and they’re winning. As a competitor, that just makes me want to get to that and I need to be there. I want to be there bad. I think, doing that, it was just one of those things where the competitor came out in me, like I’ve got to be there. I’ve got to do whatever I’ve got to do to be in this position.”

Don't worry, Marv.  You'll get there .... some day ..... soon after you change teams.

Let's be honest, squawk royalty were on this guy before the draft.  @Sothron's pop and @NBASupes who have both disavowed Bagley iirc.

I mention you both not to make fun but to ask, now that he'll likely be available for cheap (in some capacity) could he be a good add for the Hawks.  Total buy low target, coincidentally, like Labissiere was.

I've never been a fan of Bagley but I think he could be a helpful big in our rotation as long as he understands his role (major question).

Thoughts?

Surely SAC couldn't afford to gift the Hawks another piece that explodes onto the scene after changing zipcodes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/sacramento-kings/marvin-bagley-on-liking-tweet-wanting-to-leave-kings-i-can-like-whatever-i-choose-and-please-and-whatever-i-feel-like-liking/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Bu-why'd Marv pick that moment to vent his frugistrations (I knew a gurl that pronounced it like that)?  Well, the answer is found deeply embedded in a concept introduced by the immortal @Diesel who famously identified that the Hawks are out here ruining futures ...

Don't worry, Marv.  You'll get there .... some day ..... soon after you change teams.

Let's be honest, squawk royalty were on this guy before the draft.  @Sothron's pop and @NBASupes who have both disavowed Bagley iirc.

I mention you both not to make fun but to ask, now that he'll likely be available for cheap (in some capacity) could he be a good add for the Hawks.  Total buy low target, coincidentally, like Labissiere was.

I've never been a fan of Bagley but I think he could be a helpful big in our rotation as long as he understands his role (major question).

Thoughts?

Surely SAC couldn't afford to gift the Hawks another piece that explodes onto the scene after changing zipcodes.

lol, Bagley is a tough fit on a squad. He's a lot like Parker. He does his best work on the block which no one really likes doing unless you are a superstar. He struggles in PnR which limits him in SAC. His defense looked a lot better in the final 6 games of his that I watched. He looked like he had potential to be good on the end, something he hasn't shown previously. 

Offensively, he's just too raw still. He's mainly a transition scorer and a post-up scorer. While he has extended his range, it's not consistent. He doesn't have enough skill to be a SF. He's still a bucket. Hell, he might even be better right now than JC. But he's so far away from playing the role he's asked to play in SAC and most teams will ask him to do the same. Setting screens is massive. He sucks at it. Posting up depends on your personnel and coaching. To me, he's a rich man's Jabari Parker or Parker before the injuries but the way he's used, he's not effective at all but he's tough to use. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thoughts?

I think his game is good but his health scares the hell out of me. I wish Sac would let him feed in the low post because honestly so few players and teams can deal with that now. He could easily dominate down there if they let him.

But he has to stay healthy. If we gave up little value for him sure go for it.

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

Thoughts?

You forget me and Supes ridin Bagley so hard during the draft process of 2018…

Oh wait you mentioned Supes, ok let me get this straight.

Bagley- not me

Cam- no me

Okongwu- If you say not me you get tagged. Lol.

It’s not like I’d ever leave your a$$ out if we ever got drunk and wanted to acquire Colin Sexton! 

18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

lol, Bagley is a tough fit on a squad. He's a lot like Parker. He does his best work on the block which no one really likes doing unless you are a superstar. He struggles in PnR which limits him in SAC. His defense looked a lot better in the final 6 games of his that I watched. He looked like he had potential to be good on the end, something he hasn't shown previously. 

Offensively, he's just too raw still. He's mainly a transition scorer and a post-up scorer. While he has extended his range, it's not consistent. He doesn't have enough skill to be a SF. He's still a bucket. Hell, he might even be better right now than JC. But he's so far away from playing the role he's asked to play in SAC and most teams will ask him to do the same. Setting screens is massive. He sucks at it. Posting up depends on your personnel and coaching. To me, he's a rich man's Jabari Parker or Parker before the injuries but the way he's used, he's not effective at all but he's tough to use. 

More than all the skills, I’m not legitimately worried about his passion. The clock is ticking and ya he could be one of those late bloomers but let’s face it, Bagley should have been in the upper echelon 18’ rooks with Trae, Ayton and Luka. He’s falling off the radar fast. He needs to come in and dominate. It’s a do or die year for him next year. Either he gets back on track to being an elite pro as he was a high schooler and at Duke for a year or he becomes an NBA journeyman.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Holmes

I want Holmes for us. Any way of that happening? Dude is the anti Al Horford. He will physically fight down low, I really like this kid and have for a couple years now.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I want Holmes for us. Any way of that happening? Dude is the anti Al Horford. He will physically fight down low, I really like this kid and have for a couple years now.

He's a Center.  I don't know how we can, we have $8 million in capspace, $13 mil if Dunn opts out. I'm not sure what his market value is.  Does he want a winning situation or money from the Kings? 

if it's a trade - Who are you trading for him?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You forget me and Supes ridin Bagley so hard during the draft process of 2018…

Oh wait you mentioned Supes, ok let me get this straight.

Bagley- not me

Cam- no me

Okongwu- If you say not me you get tagged. Lol.

It’s not like I’d ever leave your a$$ out if we ever got drunk and wanted to acquire Colin Sexton! 

Whoa, I thought we agreed we'd forget that one night of Sexton in Cancun?  Can't believe I ever wanted to draft that dude.  He's not terrible but ah, he just rubs me wrong now.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, I thought we agreed we'd forget that one night of Sexton in Cancun?  Can't believe I ever wanted to draft that dude.  He's not terrible but ah, he just rubs me wrong now.

I was a bit worried when you liked him. Not that you and I have similar types (besides hot women, ok women) but Sexton wasn’t even your type lol. I’m almost stepped in as a wingman but figured you need to sew 🧵 them wild 😜 ones. :indifferent:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a Center.  I don't know how we can, we have $8 million in capspace, $13 mil if Dunn opts out. I'm not sure what his market value is.  Does he want a winning situation or money from the Kings? 

if it's a trade - Who are you trading for him?

He wants 4/80. SAC wants to give it to him but have cap issues. They are trying to trade Hield to cut some of that and likely give away Bagley.