• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

July Free Agency Calendar

• Moderators

MAMD106-418_2021_005611.jpg

EARLY OPTION REPORTS

NETS – Player Option Declined by Spencer Dinwiddie ($12.30 million; eligible for Veteran Extension thru Aug. 2)

BULLS – Player Option Accepted by Al-Farouq Aminu ($10.18 million)

WARRIORS – Player Option Accepted by Kevon Looney ($5.18 million)

SUNS – Player Option to be Declined by Chris Paul ($44.21 million; eligible for Veteran Extension thru Aug. 2)

JULY 15

KINGS – Full Guarantee for Justin James ($1.90 million)

JULY 17

NUGGETS – Player Option Decision Due for Will Barton ($14.67 million; eligible for Veteran Extension thru Aug. 2 if PO gets declined)

JULY 20

GRIZZLIES – Full Guarantee for Jontay Porter ($1.95 million; $300k already Guaranteed)

JULY 22

BLAZERS – Player Option Decision for Norman Powell ($11.62 million; eligible for Veteran Extension thru Aug. 2 if PO gets declined)

JULY 25

CAVALIERS – Player Option Decision Due for Isaiah Hartenstein ($1.76 million)

JULY 26

NUGGETS – Player Option Decision Due for JaMychal Green ($7.56 million)

JULY 27

RAPTORS – Full Guarantee for Rodney Hood ($10.85 million)

JULY 28

HAWKS – Player Option Decision Due for Kris Dunn ($5.00 million)

BUCKS – Player Option Decision Due for Bryn Forbes ($2.45 million)

BLAZERS – Player Option Decision Due for Derrick Jones ($9.72 million)

JULY 31

CELTICS – Partial Guarantee for Jabari Parker ($100k of $2.28 million)

LAKERS – Player Option Decision Due for Montrezl Harrell ($9.72 million)

KNICKS – Full Guarantee for Julius Randle ($19.8 million; $4 million already Guaranteed)

~lw3

• Like 3

Huge ego incoming in 3, 2, 1....I'd work for free to help Dunn with his shot. There are parts so broken that he needs serious Mr. Miagi training. I love the guy. He'd be easier to fix than Simmons but he'd be doing muscle memory exercises all day.

Like when learning to serve in Tennis, you might spend a week just perfecting your ball toss. Another week grip training for angle on the racket before ever taking a swing. Dunn needs to stop shooting and just start working on toes/ankles during the gather. Yes, its broken all the way down to there.

In baseball, I've coached numerous players to "see it" then "hit it". A routine that takes all the movement out pre-swing and forces you to focus on pitch recognition to give you more time to decide when/how to swing. Basketball is the exact opposite. Dunn is so focused on the back of the rim (watch any film of him shooting) that he forgets his entire body. His mechanics are broken from the ground up. There is muscle memory, the bad kind. He's so focused on "seeing it go through the rim" he's aiming. You don't aim when you shoot, you have to square up and "flow" at the basket. A simple, repetitive flow motion where the release is at the end of your explosion. You have to be 100% focused on your body, not the rim. He's bassackwards. I'd train him for free. Because he's a better athlete than 9 out of 10 guys he plays against and has an incredible heart.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

I'd work for free to help Dunn with his shot.

Are you a good shooter? Let me know if you wanna go live one on one for a shootout with the money coming right here to squawk. 

ps On topic, please reach out and help him. His mechanics aren’t the worst but something is off.

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are you a good shooter? Let me know if you wanna go live one on one for a shootout with the money coming right here to squawk. 

ps On topic, please reach out and help him. His mechanics aren’t the worst but something is off.

LOL not any more, I got fat.

When young, I could jump out of the building. Breaking all the stereotypes. Never learned to shoot properly until I got older. But I love mechanics, things like this.

I used to love to fade and hang like Mike. Gravity is a cruel mistress though, asserting itself as you get older. I am a classic "if I knew then what I know now" cliché.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Go back and watch any video of him shooting. His eyes are on the rim from the start of the gather through release. Its like he's trying to beg it to fly straight. You don't need to pick up the rim until post gather, mid lift. Focus on getting square than aiming.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We're now finding out the Guarantee dates, like the one that was due yesterday for Justin James, are likely to have been kicked a month down the road, making the August calendar extra-busy.

~lw3

• Thanks 1

I hope Kris Dunn's opt in/out date doesn't move past July 28th.  That way, he makes his decision at least one day before the draft, on July 29th, so if we wish to trade him, we can make that decision before the draft.