• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns too Small

sillent

20 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Wait, I thought the Bucks are better with out Giannis, and we got unlucky with him getting hurt. One of the dumbest takes in the history of the Squawk. 

Bruh.  Who said this?  Put them on nuclear blast lol.

Edited by benhillboy

10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm a little late to this discussion but we have to get away from the idea that we need a '7-footer'.   For one, with required accurate measurements there aren't that many good 7 footers in the league and a big chunk of the ones that are truly that big are guys who would rather be around the perimeter.  

Brook Lopez played 1 minute in the 4th quarter in a championship game.   Not that he didn't have a good game but the most valuable guys in crunch time are the versatile bigs who work their asses off.   Like the 6'8" Portis and Tucker.    We've already got those guys in JC and OO.   I wouldn't mind having a guy like Lopez too but i'm not spending a bunch of money on  him. 

What Tucker does through angles, anticipation, sneakiness, and center of gravity with his super limited skill set is a sight to behold.  I don’t understand why he was such good friends with Harden, Giannis is the absolute antithesis of that dude.

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s fair but to say we don’t need a lengthy big I just disagree. Spend a little cap and add a McGee or Boban or someone.

we shouldn’t spend big money no but to just not add one at all I think is absurd.

I feel like we got beat by length and strength in the ECF. I don’t believe it was skills. Even with a healthy cam or Hunter I do agree it’s big help on the defense but I believe the bucks would have still pulled it out . We have a good big man rotation but sign a vet center to a small contract to add another big body I say. When the playoffs come around he’ll be useful….it’s not really a regular season move when the pace of the game is ridiculous.

He did and honestly he probably could have always adjust but like you said was just too damn stubborn.

That's all we're asking for. It could even be a big rookie #48. Just enough to stay versatile.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not even close. Ben is a RELUCTANT scorer/shooter - not so with Giannis. Even with bad freethrow shootee, Giannis isn't afraid.

The count was getting Giannis when we played him.   He would not have punked out like Ben but I think not wanting to be fouled would have been high on his list. 

2 hours ago, JTB said:

We may be a more skilled team but even with Trae, cam, Hunter healthy they still held a length and strength advantage on us.

when I go back and look at how we lost even when Giannis and Trae were out we got beat mainly by being outmuscled. 

we don’t need to change anything just need to add one more big body who can get into the mix with Capela and Okungwu….then we’ll be set! I wish we could somehow get Robin Lopez but he’s likely too expensive.

We needed a healthy Trae, and a healthy DeAndre. 

That's it. 

BTW, which of our 4 bigs are you taking out of the rotation to play Robin freakin Lopez? That's 🤡 talk. 

Perimeter containment is where our problem was, not in getting outmuscled. 

Edited by RandomFan

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

We needed a healthy Trae, and a healthy DeAndre. 

That's it. 

BTW, which of our 4 bigs are you taking out of the rotation to play Robin freakin Lopez? That's 🤡 talk. 

Perimeter containment is where our problem was, not in getting outmuscled. 

I’m a clown then I guess.

I don’t completely agree with you. I understand the perimeter being contained better would make things easier on our bigs but I still believe there’s a size, length, and power issue vs certain teams and that’s just what it is.

and for the record I’m not suggesting to take any of our bigs out of rotation completely. Sometimes the idea is to just use multiple big  bodies when need be to keep guys fresh.

Our centers Okungwu and Capela could use a extra body to take on some banging and bruising throughout a playoffs. 

• Premium Member

BTW...  The wall still works.  Phoenix Defense was poor.  If you let Giannis get a running start, he will score.   One of the things that we did well is that we got to him early.   The Suns fell back into their 2-3 zone and Giannis got running downhill and just ran them over.   Their defensive coaches make Nate look like John Wooden. 

Yet another reason why if we would have been healthy, we would have beat them. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

BTW...  The wall still works.  Phoenix Defense was poor.  If you let Giannis get a running start, he will score.   One of the things that we did well is that we got to him early.   The Suns fell back into their 2-3 zone and Giannis got running downhill and just ran them over.   Their defensive coaches make Nate look like John Wooden. 

Yet another reason why if we would have been healthy, we would have beat them. 

We lost game 5 and game 6, and we never led at any point in either of those games, and they didnt have Giannis. End of story. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We lost game 5 and game 6, and we never led at any point in either of those games, and they didnt have Giannis. End of story. 

Where have you been???   Jrue plays differently when Giannis is out.   Did you not notice?  Did you also not notice that we didn't have the real Trae?  Do you believe that was us at full strength??

Do you know what that sounds like?

"That half of an aspirin didn't stop my fever.... end of story". 

46 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Where have you been???   Jrue plays differently when Giannis is out.   Did you not notice?  Did you also not notice that we didn't have the real Trae?  Do you believe that was us at full strength??

Do you know what that sounds like?

"That half of an aspirin didn't stop my fever.... end of story". 

Dude wtf.  Saying jrue plays different when Giannis is out Is also saying ...half a asprin blah blah ... Ur gonna ignore how he played when Giannis was in during the finals? Or did you not watch them? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Dude wtf.  Saying jrue plays different when Giannis is out Is also saying ...half a asprin blah blah ... Ur gonna ignore how he played when Giannis was in during the finals? Or did you not watch them? 

Is this is reference and comparison to us vs. the Suns??  The Suns interior defense was not as good as ours.  Their Guards are not as defensive as ours.  Particular Booker vs. KVon/Bogi/Cam.   BTW... Jrue was able to neutralize Book but that's offense. 

Anyway, if you're going to give Giannis a running start, if I'm the PG, I'm going to look like a Point god. 

Phoenix plays this horrible zone that allows anybody to score.  They sag back and let Giannis and Jrue have their way. 

The problem when Giannis went out with us is that he took all of his touches with him.   Jrue was forced to distribute and distribute he did.  With our Game plan being build a wall for Giannis and get on him early.. when he went out... what was our BU Plan.  Portis didn't care about a wall.  He can shoot from outside.  Lopez didn't need a wall, he's bigger and more Athletic and can still out jump our bigs.