• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When are championship expectations going to kick in for you ?

JTB

Serious question…when are championship expectations going to kick in for you for the hawks?

Some truly believe we could win it all as early as next season.

Some say in 2 years we’ll be ready.

Some say 3-4 years and we’ll contend for years to come.

I will say for me I will just be happy we can actually contend for a championship when that time happens . I’m not going to put a timeframe on it but I hope it’s in 2-4 seasons. I don’t expect any surprises next season just like I didn’t this season BUT we got a very nice surprise so anything could happen.

Why am I asking this ?

NBA History repeats itself quite often in any era and I don’t see it changing. This isn’t the NFL where there can literally be a different SB winner every season. The NBA championship teams tend to run for multiple seasons in a 3-5 year span especially the winners.

So i will leave it at that BUT if a east team wins (Bucks)…it gets harder for everyone in the East….I’m not so sure you can have realistic expectations to get to championship next season or even the season after or after that season.

so it just makes me wonder if the plan changes at some point over the next 2 seasons in terms of assets, trades, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Serious question…when are championship expectations going to kick in for you for the hawks?

I will say for me I will just be happy we can actually contend for a championship when that time happens . I’m not going to put a timeframe on it but I hope it’s in 2-4 seasons. I don’t expect any surprises next season just like I didn’t this season BUT we got a very nice surprise so anything could happen.

Why am I asking this ?

NBA History repeats itself quite often in any era and I don’t see it changing. This isn’t the NFL where there can literally be a different SB winner every season. The NBA championship teams tend to run for multiple seasons in a 3-5 year span especially the winners.

So i will leave it at that BUT if a east team wins (Bucks)…it gets harder for everyone in the East….I’m not so sure you can have realistic expectations to get to championship next season or even the season after or after that season.

so it just makes me wonder if the plan changes at some point over the next 2 seasons in terms of assets, trades, etc.

Last year even though I did/do expect hiccups like what happened. As soon as the team got put together last year I saw it.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Our window has opened.

And the fact of the matter is, the salary cap situation means that if we don't win in 2021-22, it only gets tougher.

So, does that mean there's expectations? Sure there are. You don't get to within 2 games and an ankle injury of an NBA Finals appearance and not have expectations, right?

But still more importantly, there is URGENCY.

Interesting….I want to hear more that doesn’t sound like all you have because if that’s the case based on what you’re saying schlenk and team should start making championship moves this off season right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sillent said:

Last year even though I did/do expect hiccups like what happened. As soon as the team got put together last year I saw it.

Really? So last season off season moves spelled championship for you for the season?

that’s not me being sarcastic I’m actually very shocked! Lol I had us at 5th seed after those moves which had me ecstatic about the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Interesting….I want to hear more that doesn’t sound like all you have because if that’s the case based on what you’re saying schlenk and team should start making championship moves this off season right?

Let me take it a step further @sturt….let’s hypothetically say bucks win the championship which is a very real possibility. Do you start making moves to beat the bucks since you’re in championship contention?….bucks aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Really? So last season off season moves spelled championship for you for the season?

that’s not me being sarcastic I’m actually very shocked! Lol I had us at 5th seed after those moves which had me ecstatic about the season.

Yeah I was kinda on my lonely lol... I just posted why I saw what I saw and still see it on my original post.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Let me take it a step further @sturt….let’s hypothetically say bucks win the championship which is a very real possibility. Do you start making moves to beat the bucks since you’re in championship contention?….bucks aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Bucks are going Up, in age. Giannis may still be young but Brook, Tucker  (key players), Salary Cap and other factors will slow down the Bucks longevity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Why am I asking this ?

About 3 weeks ago, around 2 seconds after beating Philly in game 7.

Not joking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, sillent said:

Bucks are going Up, in age. Giannis may still be young but Brook, Tucker  (key players), Salary Cap and other factors will slow down the Bucks longevity.

I think the Bucks can win 3 in a row with the current roster….Personally anyways including this season. Everyone is so high on the Nets I really believe bucks can beat them again next season in the playoffs if they run into each other and both teams are healthy. I believe the 3rd best East team next season as of right now is the Hawks with the way the rosters are.

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I gotta see Hunter and Reddish development. Also, Trae was insane offensively in the playoffs, I need to see him build on that 

Agreed. That’s why I’m not so quick with championship expectations. It could be be next season but I’m not holding my breath.

6 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

My expectation is that we win it all next year. There's no team in the league I'd say are head and shoulders above us. Teams will make moves to get better, but at the end of the day we've shown we're ready to compete at the highest levels.

I love your confidence about the team. I can’t see that even if healthy. We need certain moves not even big moves but certain moves for me to say ok yeah we can be a contender.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I agree, they had a lot of luck getting through the Nets and then us.

They finished us off without Giannis. Not sure how that’s luck and anyone playing the nets this year in the playoffs had some luck on their side because harden was never going to return healthy. Kyrie went down in that series I do understand that but I still believe the bucks have the personnel to beat the nets even when both teams are healthy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, I think they won’t be back.

Maybe not but I believe there’s a high chance they will. Nets are the only hiccup….I’m not sure what we truly are against the bucks since we weren’t fully healthy entering the series.

Philly to me has mental issues. Heat overachieved in the bubble. Celtics COULD be a problem if they have enough cap space to sign some decent players ….then there’s us…3rd best team in the east as rosters are currently constructed.

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

They finished us off without Giannis. Not sure how that’s luck and anyone playing the nets this year in the playoffs had some luck on their side because harden was never going to return healthy. Kyrie went down in that series I do understand that but I still believe the bucks have the personnel to beat the nets even when both teams are healthy.

Not sure if they finish us off with Giannis unless he played like he is now vs Suns.  I think lessons that team learned from his absence in the last couple games against us are the reason for their success against the Suns in the last 3 games vs them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Not sure if they finish us off with Giannis unless he played like he is now vs Suns.  I think lessons that team learned from his absence in the last couple games against us are the reason for their success against the Suns in the last 3 games vs them. 

Probably. I’m sure they learned more about themselves with Giannis was out of the lineup vs us for sure and perhaps you’re right it has helped them in the finals greatly  but I believe the Hawks have learned a lot about themselves as well with Trae out of the lineup even the game they played well.

One thing I like about the Suns more than us is that they have clarified who’s their big 3 during this entire run from regular season to finals in knowing that Booker, CP3, Ayton is their top 3 guys ….meanwhile our Hawks are up in the air with who’s our sure best 3 talents.

Maybe that’s a good thing because it shows how deeeeep we are but it could also be a bad thing because to me every championship team has at least a sure one two punch. Many championship teams have a 3rd guy as well but he may not necessarily be offensively good but he’s impactful in some kind of way whether it’s defense or boards or passing ….something. I hope we remain deep but in the process i hope we find out soon who’s the 2nd and 3rd options on the team behind Trae 

• Thanks 1