• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When are championship expectations going to kick in for you ?

JTB

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

THANKYOU….we need to face reality and just say even though we have a very good team we are still a big piece away from putting the bucks away if we run into them again in the playoffs.

You can never stand pat, when you're not the champion.

The NBA is HARD. You need all-time greats to win championships ( the vast majority of the time ).  I think Trae will turn out to be an All-Time great, but if he doesn't, he needs significant pieces around him.

Some fans always said to wait until Lebron gets old.  Well, he's old, and he's in the West.  It looks like the new King of the North has taken his place . . . for now.

As they say at the park . . . RUN IT BACK!

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

I will be honest with you I may be only one on this board that believes bucks can be real contenders 3 years in a row making it back to the finals.

to me the bucks have figured it out and they are definitely the team to beat now.

Ur the only one after they just won the chip lol, 

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

In order to get to the finals I’m not really even concerned with our defense I’m more concerned with our offense.

we need to find another sure player who can score inside or mid range at will. Trae has his floater and that’s an elite shot. But after that who can count on ?

lol..  The Hawks defense is key to any championship run.  When Dre and Cam come back they Hawks will be one of the better defenses. Cam and Dre are also key offensive pieces.  With a healthy wing rotation the Hawks are a nightmare.  We have to have health to make this championship run no matter how deep we are.

Milwaukee is a great team.  They only lost to one team at home this playoffs run.  That was Trae Young and our Atlanta Hawks in their first playoff run. 

We are good and they are great.  With more experience we will probably be great too. 

The Bucks will be a tough out and I'm glad the Hawks are up and coming.  It'll make a great rivalry. I only root against Giannis when he plays the Hawks.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Ur the only one after they just won the chip lol, 

I was saying it before they won it all. Most on this board don’t believe bucks can win multiple championships with this team. I do however 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JTB said:

THANKYOU….we need to face reality and just say even though we have a very good team we are still a big piece away from putting the bucks away if we run into them again in the playoffs.

We were neck and neck with them in our series until Trae got injured and that was without Cam for most of the series, with Bogi limping and without Hunter for the entire series.  I would love to see how that series would have ended up if both teams were healthy.  I don't think the gap between us was as large as you are suggesting here and think we could have won it without any "big piece" other than simply having our guys healthy.  I do think they would be favored given that their key guys are all experienced vets in their prime but that is to be expected.  But it would be fascinating to be able to see that play out.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

2021-07-21_07-45-19.png

And I should add. When virtually all of your core guys are under 25, it's not a hair-brained thought that some natural improvement will occur from one season to the next. Thus, while other teams are merely hoping to be "as good" as they've been--having talent that has mainly all hit their ceiling--we're in a position where we have reason to anticipate something even better.

So, there's that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, marco102 said:

With more experience we will probably be great too. 

...and good health.

Bucks just have too much experience compared to the Hawks core...Lopez (13 years) alone has almost as many years as an NBA player as Trae(3), Huerter(3), Bogi(4) and Collins(4) combined (14 years)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, marco102 said:

lol..  The Hawks defense is key to any championship run.  When Dre and Cam come back they Hawks will be one of the better defenses. Cam and Dre are also key offensive pieces.  With a healthy wing rotation the Hawks are a nightmare.  We have to have health to make this championship run no matter how deep we are.

Milwaukee is a great team.  They only lost to one team at home this playoffs run.  That was Trae Young and our Atlanta Hawks in their first playoff run. 

We are good and they are great.  With more experience we will probably be great too. 

The Bucks will be a tough out and I'm glad the Hawks are up and coming.  It'll make a great rivalry. I only root against Giannis when he plays the Hawks.

The talking heads were talking about East condenders for next season today, and nobody even mentioned the Hawks..Not one word about our Playoff run whatsoever.smh..I actually like it that way though.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not seeing how folks think this Bucks team is going to have a run of championships.   They swept the Heat but the Heat were really weak this year.   They barely get by BKN who are missing 2 of their 3 best players.  Imagine if the Bucks were missing Jrue and Middleton do you think they'd take anyone to 7 games in the semis?   They get a lucky ref foot against the Hawks to knock out Trae but honestly they were also lucky that the Hawks knocked out Philly.   We are .   Granted they were missing Giannis.

I'm not trying to diminish what they did because it was impressive but it was also somewhat improbable.  

• Thanks 2