37 members have voted

1. 1. What skill does Trae add or greatly improve

• Floater game- improve
    • Rebounding
    • Defense
    • Off ball movement
    • Strength

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2021 at 02:25 AM

The easiest one he can improve on would be off ball movement.  Which would actually make a ton of difference on the team overall.   I think his floater game is already god tier so im not expecting him to have to improve that a ton more.  His rebounding will always be what it is i feel base don his height and not always near the rim.   Defense can improve with more effort but he does have his limitations somewhat.  Strength he can for sure improve which would also improve his defense as well imo.    But off ball movement and out hustling guys making them chase you is something he can do right away and destroy people with.  Their is no requirement more so than what he already has in his toolkit to be good at it.  He just needs to get it in his mind he wants to do it and then implement it within the scheme along with nate helping him figure out the best ways to do it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd go with three point shooting as I believe that'll open up even more of his game for himself and teammates.  I want to see improvement to around 38% next season. 

I voted for off ball movement because that'll do the same thing as three point shooting. 

Once Trae moves into that 37-39% range... He will be hard to stop.   All of these other things will be better by transposition. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

There was no place for three point shooting. 

I figured I wouldn’t nitpick on his shooting as he’s probably 1/4 players with Curry Lillard and I don’t know who that bombs with accuracy. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Off-ball....improves the team gravity and defense to adjust, can't key on him. Gives him more CnS opportunities.  His off ball movement has to happen with purpose so his teammates will have to look for him to get open and provide him with these opportunities. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I figured I wouldn’t nitpick on his shooting as he’s probably 1/4 players with Curry Lillard and I don’t know who that bombs with accuracy. 

I don't care about the midcourt bombs.  Just improve the three pointer from the line.   Once that happens, his threat potential becomes too high for anybody to leave him alone.. that's when he drives by his man... Floater or Alley Opp.

Playoff Trae is going to be one of those players that require a double team.  As great a shooter as Steph is... I don't think he has ever garnered a full time double team.... mainly because teams can't... and he's not as big of a passing threat.   Trae was second in the league in Assists.  You add a 38% three pointer to that and he becomes as dangerous as Steph...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd go with off-ball movement, 3-pt shooting, and overall strength in that order. While he can also improve defensively as well, I saw more effort from him on that end this season (especially in the playoffs) than at any other point in his pro career. 

With him improving his off-ball movement and deep shooting (not the logo shots, 23-27' will do), not to mention having a healthier Bogdanovic, Hunter, and Reddish on the floor instead of Hill or Snell, opponents will find life miserable game planning against this team due to the extreme gravity he would have. Even now, opponents know better than to leave him alone anywhere because it only takes one shot of his going in before he suddenly goes Super Saiyan mode and takes over the entire game. Imagine him running around the perimeter and hitting 3-pointers at say, at 38% clip? And if Reddish makes the jump? You might as well start saving up for ECF and Finals tickets right now...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't care about the midcourt bombs.  Just improve the three pointer from the line.   Once that happens, his threat potential becomes too high for anybody to leave him alone.. that's when he drives by his man... Floater or Alley Opp.

Playoff Trae is going to be one of those players that require a double team.  As great a shooter as Steph is... I don't think he has ever garnered a full time double team.... mainly because teams can't... and he's not as big of a passing threat.   Trae was second in the league in Assists.  You add a 38% three pointer to that and he becomes as dangerous as Steph...

No lies told here. If he could get that percentage up to around that 37-40% mark with guys like Bogdanovic, Hunter, and an improving Reddish running around, lots of possibilities open up...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Once that happens, his threat potential becomes too high for anybody to leave him alone.. that's when he drives by his man... Floater or Alley Opp.

But isn’t he already doing this and aren’t they never leaving him alone already?