• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight??

sillent

• Premium Member

Would he be willing to be the 3rd center and at what price?  Those will always be the questions to ask.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I still maintain that Dwight's problem was Dennis.   Dennis has proven to be a problem everywhere he has gone.   Maybe not as overt as this year but he is not a winner.   Does this mean that I would take Dwight...  It would take a lot of Nos from around the league before I get to the point of wanting him back. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I still maintain that Dwight's problem was Dennis.   Dennis has proven to be a problem everywhere he has gone.   Maybe not as overt as this year but he is not a winner.   Does this mean that I would take Dwight...  It would take a lot of Nos from around the league before I get to the point of wanting him back. 

Of course you did. 

While his laziness on defense, his terrible PnR defense, his lack of energy for anything outside of dunks and rebounds don't have anything to do with Dennis right? I never understood your love affair with Dwight once he got washed. The Laker season was an anomaly and he played with Bron who always elevates bigs, Dwight's been trash three of his last 4 seasons. 

No thanks on Dwight. Why would he accept a third string center role when he could make more money as a 2nd big on other teams? We won't be able to afford him and it's a bad match for both parties. 

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Hard pass for me.  Don't think he's got anything left AND he's a diva.  Stay away from my team.  

I dislike Dwhine Coward as much as the next guy but I don't recall him having diva-ness in LAL or PHI.  Has he learned to stay in his lane now that his career is obviously winding down?

It's a question we may have no choice but to ask.

We're gonna be scrapping the barrell-bottom regardless.  Maybe Cousins finally gets on the radar?

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Dwight has had problems in a lot of locations other than where he has played with Dennis.  I don't think a fan base has been sorry to see him go since he won his last ring in Miami.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dislike Dwhine Coward as much as the next guy but I don't recall him having diva-ness in LAL or PHI.  Has he learned to stay in his lane now that his career is obviously winding down?

It's a question we may have no choice but to ask.

That is fair.  I don't remember much drama with him in Philly in particular.  I do, however, have a hard time seeing him being ok with being a third option.  He was the clear backup in Philly and the (very real) possibility of him not getting minutes in a given game where Cap or OO are playing really well seems like a high risk to spark resentment for him.

• Moderators

I don't want any part of Dwight for all the reasons mentioned but I have been surprised.   After his Atlanta year he should have been done but he actually got in shape and lost weight to extend his usefullness.   Still not someone i'd be interested in though.

• Premium Member

For a 6'9"... he plays big... sorta like Hakeem.   However, He'd immediately be our #2 guy.   On the court, he would bring toughness.   I think he was a gem for Philly and LAL.... but In Atlanta... I just don't see it working.   Too many young guys on our squad.   I'd much rather have Dwight back than to have Dennis (AHF).   But I don't want either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No Dwight no Cousins, keep this team happy.

Gotta admit the skillset of Boogie intrigues me a lot as a backup center.  But yeah, not feeling the headcase part.  Seems like this team has a great chemistry to them, don't want to mess with that too much.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1