• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight??

sillent

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Gotta admit the skillset of Boogie intrigues me a lot as a backup center.  But yeah, not feeling the headcase part.  Seems like this team has a great chemistry to them, don't want to mess with that too much.  

I’m digging Serge a lot. We could really use a Serge to get us on a surge. :dance:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Dwight was unhappy when he was here.  I doubt he would be happy if he was here now.

👨‍🌾

Dwight is a loser. Has been a loser everywhere he's been. Kobe was disgusted when Dwight played with him. If he's not good enough for Kobe he shouldn't be good enough for us. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The sad thing is that Dwight is 4 time DPOY and last season... per minute he was #2 in rebounds and Blocks.   Sad that his attitude has him taking such a bad beat from the fans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The sad thing is that Dwight is 4 time DPOY and last season... per minute he was #2 in rebounds and Blocks.   Sad that his attitude has him taking such a bad beat from the fans. 

I take the per minute for last season with a grain of salt considering he played against backups on other teams.  What makes me sadder for him is that his attitude hurt his impact on the floor so that teams were happy to get rid of him and he ended up relegated to his current role.  Part of that is interpersonal issues but part of it is also on the floor.  He had the athleticism to play the PNP the right way, but never wanted to leave the paint so he became a defensive liability for key types of action at far too young an age.

Dwight has evolved a lot over the past few seasons. He has embraced his current role in the league.

There is no reason to hold old stuff against him in 2021. It's time to move on.

If his on court ability is not your cup of tea then just leave it at that. But he can still play, and he has blossomed as a reserve big man for a team that wants to contend.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dwight has evolved a lot over the past few seasons. He has embraced his current role in the league.

There is no reason to hold old stuff against him in 2021. It's time to move on.

If his on court ability is not your cup of tea then just leave it at that. But he can still play, and he has blossomed as a reserve big man for a team that wants to contend.

Okonguw ate his lunch and his absolute innefectiveness on both ends during his brief minutes were big for the Hawks. He ranked outside of the top 200 in WAR and net adjusted +- (Raptor). Dude is trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Okonguw ate his lunch and his absolute innefectiveness on both ends during his brief minutes were big for the Hawks. He ranked outside of the top 200 in WAR and net adjusted +- (Raptor). Dude is trash. 

That's fair. If he can't get it done on the court then we should leave it at that.

My point was using all the old narrative stuff against him is irrelevant now and doesn't portray on court performance.

If he sucks he sucks. But he was definitely a load against us in the regular season. And maybe OO is just really THAT good. We saw him hold his own against Embiid and Giannis, are they trash too? 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's fair. If he can't get it done on the court then we should leave it at that.

My point was using all the old narrative stuff against him is irrelevant now and doesn't portray on court performance.

If he sucks he sucks. But he was definitely a load against us in the regular season. And maybe OO is just really THAT good. We saw him hold his own against Embiid and Giannis, are they trash too? 

He had some moments with our backup lineup that had Gallo mailing it defensively at center. Don't read too much into that. Philly had Embiid with conditioning issues and couldn't give him any rest because we were killing the Dwight minutes. And Dwight's past means something. There's a reason the dude bounces around more than jugs at a titty bar, no one likes him. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He had some moments with our backup lineup that had Gallo mailing it defensively at center. Don't read too much into that. Philly had Embiid with conditioning issues and couldn't give him any rest because we were killing the Dwight minutes. And Dwight's past means something. There's a reason the dude bounces around more than jugs at a titty bar, no one likes him. 

That last part was true until about 2 years ago. His reputation has dramatically improved since his time after the Hawks. And he really wasn't that bad with us. 

• Like 1