• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Sports...... Blatant Disrespect Origins....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have been a fan of Atlanta Sports for the Longest.... Old School... Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Flames, and Chiefs.  Was out by the time the Thrashers  & Atlanta United came along... 

But here's the thing.  Grew up going to see all those teams play...  Gary Matthews, Gene Garber,  Dominique,  Eddie Johnson, Bartkowski, Alfred Jenkins and Jackson.... etc...

Here's the thing... I would watch Nique play every night...  With ham and eggers on his squad.. and he would go toe to toe with the Likes of Bird, Jordan, and Isaiah... toe to toe with these guys.. and he would rep the city and never give an inch.  Ever...  Every time he suited up he gave 110%.   Blood, Sweat, and Tears.... I watched him give... That statue is earned....  That's why it's hard for me to listen to you guys talk about Trae being the best player in franchise history and really Trae ain't done nothing yet.   His resume' isn't better than Joe Johnson's yet.   And to say he's on the same level with Nique????  Do you know who Nique is and what he has done??

I'm not going to talk about the Bumbling Babcock Trade of Nique....

But then when the NBA called for 50 greatest players of all time....

I saw:   Bird.    Jordan.  Isaiah....     No Nique.   Shaq was in his second year and he was on the team.     How did Pippen and Worthy make it on the team and Nique didn't?  What about Drexler?

However, the Blatant disrespect wasn't just in Basketball it was all sports.    The Braves won 13 pennants in a freakin row....   Still didn't get any respect. 

The Falcons were great and no respect.

But the Nique snub said to me that the NBA and the National Media felt... "Well somebody had to be good". 

• Thanks 1