• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

1-Enes Kanter - Portland

2-Nerles Noel - Knickerbockers

3- Willy Hernangomez - New Orleans

While 0017 recovers from surgery, Hawks may need someone to step in for a bit.  We still have Bruno and Nathan.

Should the Hawks have any interest?  

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes - the Hawks should have interest.  I think they have shown they don't trust Bruno so a situational / flawed player like these guys could be a good fit if we can afford them.  In practice, I suspect we'll have tough choices to make around where we spend our money between backup C and backup PG.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Cheap vet centers are almost always backups which we need. My guess is go back to old reliable Dedmon

We could do worse than Dedmon.  Did we ever hear why he was out for so much of this season?  Seemed like a lot of teams could use him when Damian Jones was playing pretty regularly while DD was out.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

We could do worse than Dedmon.  Did we ever hear why he was out for so much of this season?  Seemed like a lot of teams could use him when Damian Jones was playing pretty regularly while DD was out.

Not much worse. He's been terrible since he left Atlanta the first time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Dedmon feels like he's done to me.   He shot the 3 well for Atlanta the first time around but since has shot 20%.   His second stint with us he seemed borderline unplayable but i hope i'm wrong.

What is the deal with Hernangomez?  I thought he was supposed to be good.

I'd still go with Theis as my first pick for a backup big.   

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dedmon feels like he's done to me.   He shot the 3 well for Atlanta the first time around but since has shot 20%.   His second stint with us he seemed borderline unplayable but i hope i'm wrong.

What is the deal with Hernangomez?  I thought he was supposed to be good.

I'd still go with Theis as my first pick for a backup big.   

Hernangomez is cheap.  Steal of a deal if he's making under $2 Mil. per year.

:hi:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'd be inclined to think Schlenk is targeting using his MLE for a new #2 PG (... and I remain on the Derrick Rose train, fwiw).

Given that, he's left with the $6.5-ish cap space, and some of the names being suggested in this thread seem all but certain to get more than that. Not all, though.

First priority is someone who isn't a big butt or thunder thighs, and rather is in the mold of the mobility and hops that Double C and Double O bring to the table. Even better if that player can, once Double O returns, can plausibly pick up leftover minutes at both the C and the PF, so he's still potentially going to provide some spare minutes and injury insurance in the playoffs.

Give me Dieng or JaMychal if my guess is right that either will end up in that $6m neighborhood.

Footnote: Would be nice to see Bruno stick around long enough to take Double O's summer league slot, and maybe get one more chance to turn some Hawks FO heads there.

• Like 1