• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Golden State is giving up Wiseman, the Hawks should be Listening.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Rumor is that Wiseman is on the trading blocks because his time line doesn't match Steph, Klay, and Draymond who are in win now mode. 

OK...  Outside of Trae, I would trade any player we have to get him. 

It will probably take a three way deal but that's OK.

Him + Trae = the 7 Championships that Lebron wanted when he went to Miami. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I love me some Wiseman but I'm not sure I'd trade anyone. I'm not trading Cam, I'm not trading Hunter. I'd be hesitant to trade Huerter (but depending on Wiseman's health, I'd go straight up or some low draft capital).  He's just had a bad history of health and needs 2 more years to really start tapping his potential. But Cam, Hunter, Young are all untouchable in my book. Huerter is weird. He's not as good or have as high a ceiling of any of those 3 but great team guys, great glue guys, the guy everyone loves is really hard to come by.

Nope..  None of our young players got anywhere close to the ceiling that this kid has.   And he is a kid.... but the 7 footer is the next KG/Giannis.   Cam could get traded if he brought us back Wiseman. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Outside of Trae, I would trade any player we have to get him. 

:upsidedown: ummmm, no. Absolutely not. Okongwu alone is better than Wiseman. I don’t care if he starts rebounds and whatnot I just feel he’s not gonna impact winning, he’s a Carmelo Anthony at the center spot, not skill set but impacting consistent winning for a team.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Nope..  None of our young players got anywhere close to the ceiling that this kid has.   And he is a kid.... but the 7 footer is the next KG/Giannis.   Cam could get traded if he brought us back Wiseman. 

I advocated trading multiple draft assets move up and take him. I think he's going to be great but Cam is going to be too good to gamble on Wiseman's health.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:upsidedown: ummmm, no. Absolutely not. Okongwu alone is better than Wiseman. I don’t care if he starts rebounds and whatnot I just feel he’s not gonna impact winning, he’s a Carmelo Anthony at the center spot, not skill set but impacting consistent winning for a team.

OO is not better than Wiseman... or will not be better. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If GS is giving up Wiseman .... it's because he can't help them win ..... what're we tryna do now?  Oh yeah, 'win'.

The difference is that we are already stacked.  We got vets and our young guys are really just more depth (or the otherway around).   This is the chance to get a future star.   Replaces Clint.   I can see a future of Trae with both Wiseman and OO at the 5 and 4.    We're talking twin tower Dynasty...

26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The difference is that we are already stacked.  We got vets and our young guys are really just more depth (or the otherway around).   This is the chance to get a future star.   Replaces Clint.   I can see a future of Trae with both Wiseman and OO at the 5 and 4.    We're talking twin tower Dynasty...

I'm not a believer in Wiseman so thats where this really breaks down for me, if I'm being honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not a believer in Wiseman so thats where this really breaks down for me, if I'm being honest.

That's cool.   But a 20 year old kid averaged 11.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game.  By Comparison, Cam is 11.2 points and 4.0 rebounds in 28.8 minutes per game and we see all the potential in the world with him...  And Cam is 21, this is his second season, his scoring is about the same and his three point percentage was worse than it was last year (26% on 4.8 attempts per game).   But he's our sacred cow. 

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's cool.   But a 20 year old kid averaged 11.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game.  By Comparison, Cam is 11.2 points and 4.0 rebounds in 28.8 minutes per game and we see all the potential in the world with him...  And Cam is 21, this is his second season, his scoring is about the same and his three point percentage was worse than it was last year (26% on 4.8 attempts per game).   But he's our sacred cow. 

I still ride with the Camborgini, broseph.

• Like 2

I'm with Diesel on this about Wiseman. Hawks need to get this man he can be a difference maker. As to why Golden State wants to deal him a mystery. How many athletic 7 footers become available and young. He's just scratching the surface of his ability. The risk/reward is to great. The game is about mismatches and few bigs can do what Wiseman has the potential to do. 

Outside of Hunter and Trae I'd deal any of the Hawks. Hawks need some size and Wiseman would add a dimension that isn't on the team with his athleticism and height.  

Clint, Huerter, JC, Dunn, and 2 firsts. Warriors get much deeper. Get a veteran DPOY caliber big. Scoring depth with Huerter and JC. A backup PG with Dunn. That team could compete out West. You still have longevity as all those guys are relatively young. 

It would be a risky trade and could completely disrupt chemistry. However, Wiseman really could be that good. He’d definitely improve offensively immediately playing with Trae. 

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wiseman's quickness, hops, ability to block shots and get up and down the floor not many bigs can keep up with. I'm not sure the Hawks have enough without giving up Hunter or O to get him. I just saw a deal sending Beal and another for Wiseman etc... thats how some teams value him. I know the Hawks came so close to getting to the finals and injuries were a huge factor but bigs like Wiseman don't come around often. Worth looking into and seeing what the Warriors want. 

• Like 1