• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Golden State is giving up Wiseman, the Hawks should be Listening.

Diesel

Just doing some sleuthing on Wiseman. What I found so far is Golden State is ready to win now and Wiseman it might take him awhile to be a force in the league. His athleticism is jaw dropping running up and down the floor. I have heard names like Beal and Paul George as possible deals for him being the key in a package.

Do the Hawks even have enough to get him? Do they need him?    

On 7/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, marco102 said:

Cap will go up significantly in 25-26 season.  The Hawks will not be in Luxury tax hell if the cap goes up double.  The new TV deal is expected to by about $75 billion.  That's up more than triple from the current $24 billion deal. 

If the Hawks anticipate this and plan to stay out of the Luxury tax one extra season, they only may pay tax two seasons and then drop out of it in the 25-26.  Many teams are willing to pay that if you have a championship level team and can keep them together through their primes.

If the cap goes up, salaries will go up.

What is going to happen, is the smart agents are going to tell their guys to have their deals expire in the summer of 2025, or to at least have a player option.

So instead of a guy like Trae taking a guaranteed 5 yr - 200 m deal, he may take a 3 / 120 deal, an really look to cash out in 2025 with us . . or for the highest bidder.

If the Hawks are going to keep this team together, there's no way they stay out of the Luxury Tax.  Most championship level teams pay the tax, so that's actually a good thing if Ressler is willing to pay the Tax, to keep us a top 5 - 10 team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

For the life of me, I cannot understand any thread like this one still breathing 7 pages in, without any actual oxygen fueling it, but rather mere fan speculation.

But maybe that's just me. Evidently so.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

For the life of me, I cannot understand any thread like this one still breathing 7 pages in, without any actual oxygen fueling it, but rather mere fan speculation.

Wait a sec, you serious? Kevin Pangos anyone? :indifferent: You fabricated that whole thing into something that was supposed to have any merit to it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sturt said:

It’s the off season let us have our fun 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:42 AM, thecampster said:

Hmmm....see I don't hate that because I don't hate Wiggins. I think he's overpaid but he isn't as bad as people play him out to be. There are 2 years left on that deal as opposed to a full contract if you resign JC.  As long as there is no other "compensation" I think I'd do that deal. Let Wiseman tutor under Clint (it did wonders for OO) and see if OO can make that jump to the 4 offensively (he's already there on defense).

3 years from now a starting roster of :

Trae

Cam/Huerter

Hunter

OO

Wiseman

would be pretty hard to beat defensively. You have my attention now....tell me more. (FYI, there would have to be something else sent to GSW to satisfy the cap and you can't add to it in a sign and trade from our end so it would have to be 2 separate simultaneous deals or 3 team).

And this lineup possibly works mainly because of Wiseman's ball handling and perimeter skills.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:30 AM, NBASupes said:

I believed OO was a better prospect before the draft. I never believed in Wiseman potential. Just go back to my draft thread that year. I always believed he was overrated, overhyped and most importantly, not that good. He has upside but my question was would it be realized. 

So what do you believe now, since you got to see him in the league?

On 7/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, Diesel said:

True... but that's not what's going on in all of these cases.   Beal is not forcing a trade.   Beal is happy but Washington is looking at their situation and saying... our window doesn't make sense with Beal.   Teams look at their window all the time and trade what we consider are franchise players.   Don't we know that???  Do you think that Nique wanted to be traded when we shipped him off to LAC??  Come KG01.  You might win some but you just lost one. 

LOL . . Diesel low key dropping Lauryn Hill lyrics on ya'll.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, EazyRoc said:

I think Okongwu is the better basketball player today. Wiseman has the potential to be an overall better player 2-4 years down the line.

Survey said . . .

Best Family Feud Wrong Answer GIFs | Gfycat

If you would've said this in reverse, I would agree.  Wiseman was a monster in high school, and was looking like a budding monster in the few games he played in college.  And he's definitely shown good skill in his rookie year.

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just catching up with what I missed.

I was going to use this gif for the kick rocks post, but Godzilla was more appropriate.  Cam is not untouchable. Not by a long shot.

Kick Rocks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

See "untouchable" is the wrong mindset.  No one's saying that.  I dont think so, anyway.

It's more like saying there's no reason to move him for the stuff being offered.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

See "untouchable" is the wrong mindset.  No one's saying that.  I dont think so, anyway.

It's more like saying there's no reason to move him for the stuff being offered.

Oh no, there are definitely people saying that.  You have to remember this is AgendaSquawk.

Overall sentiment could be yes, you take the best deal but there can still be strong personal preferences.

• Like 2