• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Golden State is giving up Wiseman, the Hawks should be Listening.

Diesel

Just now, KB21 said:

I never was a big fan of Wiseman.  He's not skilled enough to be an elite player as a center in today's NBA.  

Thank you. Empty stat guy, you can tell even if he sharpens his own skills he won’t be making people better even for a big. It’s not really the responsibility of bigs to make people better but he will get his and that’s it. Warriors are smart to wanna deal him. Buyers should beware.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I never was a big fan of Wiseman.  He's not skilled enough to be an elite player as a center in today's NBA.  

Hey, something we disagree on!

I believe he really, really could have used that full year of college but I don't doubt his ability. I doubt the work ethic and the people he surrounds himself with.  I think he's gotten some bad advice over the years.

57 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No, you wait until next year to make sure that you don't trade the wrong wing.  And you can still have the plan in place.  You just wait to execute it a year later.

If the organization truly thinks that Cam can turn into something special, they need to keep him here and trade someone else.  And he is still under his rookie contract for 2 more years.  There's no rush to trade him at this moment, unless you can flip him for an All-Star player.

The Hawks are in a great position of power.  They can hold onto their young guys for at least 1 more year, and see if they can do something truly special.  If they want to add higher caliber players, they can flip one or two of the young guys for a significant piece.

If I'm able to be completely wishy washy, I mainly understand the value of making a move this year vs next year.  In the past several drafts we have seen Donovan Mitchell, Shae Gilgeous Alexander, MPJ, and Halliburton drafted around pick 10 or higher.  So, I am just saying I understand the logic in trying to get assets that you control for a longer period of time if you are in a unique position like our team. 

Should we do it?  I'm not sure.  I don't know what pick we are being offered and what our draft board is like.  We want to get the most talent for the lowest dollars.  If there is a pick we can acquire for a player we rate as high or higher than one of our guys, that's what the FO is paid to decide.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hey, something we disagree on!

I believe he really, really could have used that full year of college but I don't doubt his ability. I doubt the work ethic and the people he surrounds himself with.  I think he's gotten some bad advice over the years.

David Alexander (Wiseman's Trainer) on James Wiseman: "He models his game after David Robinson & Anthony Davis. I think this kid is gonna surpass both of them and think the Wolves will kick themselves they passed on him."

renderTimingPixel.png

Also mentions a lot of guys he worked out with and some NBA related people who came to see him and they all were impressed with how athletic he is and given his size how well he handles the ball, how soft of a touch he has and how he really moves like a guard.

He also mentions how Wiseman asked him which team he would fit best on. Alexander's response was Warriors and he was really happy he actually ended up on the Warriors.

Alexander made Oladipo the MIP, worked with Wade, LeBron and many more and told Wiseman that if he were to put his name under his tag, ROTY is the goal. Alexander really thinks Wiseman will end up being a Hall of Famer when everything is said an done. Also thinks Wiseman can average 20 & 10 in his sleep.

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

David Alexander (Wiseman's Trainer) on James Wiseman:

You know who says I have a great downward dog @thecampster.. my yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ instructor. I pay her and she says nice things about me. :mellow: funny how that works.

When was the last time a trainer said my client is garbage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know who says I have a great downward dog @thecampster.. my yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ instructor. I pay her and she says nice things about me. :mellow: funny how that works.

When was the last time a trainer said my client is garbage?

That's hilarious.   Why would this trainer put his reputation on the line.   Your yoga instructor may not be as popular as you.  But David Alexander's name and reputation doesn't have to do a dance for Wiseman.   He doesn't have to say anything about Wiseman.   In short, what you say only goes into effect if the trainer is a NOBODY.   The guy that trained Lebron, Wade, Oladipo... is not a nobody. 

By the way here's an article written about Oladipo working out with Him....

Before Victor Oladipo was traded during the 2017 offseason, he was already two months into his offseason program.

And for the first time, he completed it down in Miami at DBC Fitness with David Alexander. On the suggestion from Dwyane Wade, Oladipo worked out five days a week with the sports performance trainer who trains dozens of elite athletes, including Wade.

“Nothing we do is standard,” Alexander explained on the podcast. “We’ve done a great job of looking at what the industry is doing and kind of going the opposite way.

“You got to get comfortable being uncomfortable.”

Initially, sweeping changes were made to Oladipo’s nutrition — which led to this side-by-side photo after just three weeks.

“The number one thing was dialing into his nutrition,” Alexander says, “eliminating all flour, refined sugars, gluten – things that we knew would inflame his body. When he came in – I’ve probably said it a million times – he was very inflamed upon his first day entering our facility. So for us, it was to calm all that down, to try to flush out all the inflammation, get all the toxins out of his body, and to start to educate him on what real food is and what should be going into his temple and what shouldn’t.”

Beginning with the 2017-18 season, Oladipo began carrying a gallon jug of water around — throughout the practice facility, to media interviews and other obligations. It became a lifestyle of Oladipo, who turned 26 in May.

“The hydration plays a big factor,” Alexander emphasized. “The minimum we were starting him on was about three liters of water a day and we graduated him to a gallon of water a day, which he knocks back no problem now.”

After one summer of work with Alexander, who is 42 and has been in the industry for 21 years, Oladipo posted his best season yet on the basketball floor. His numbers were up across the board. So he followed it up with another summer in Miami.

“This guy is 100 percent comfortable and confident at who Victor Oladipo is and I think that gives him an edge,” Alexander said. “His confidence in knowing who he is I think is going to really translate onto the court this year and I think the public is going to be in for a treat watching that kid play.

Oladipo paid good money.  I wonder why his good money didn't translate into Alexander saying that Oladipo will be Hall of Famer or better than Jordan and Kobe??  What he said is that he will be a treat for the public.   Damn.. did Oladipo miss a payment... I mean.. he paid him... maybe he should have gotten your Yoga teacher to talk on his behalf because listening to the Highly Acclaimed Alexander talk about Oladipo, I expected that we should hear him talk about how he's the best SG in the league...  Go figure. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The guy that trained Lebron, Wade, Oladipo... is not a nobody. 

My yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ instructor isn’t gonna like you today. She’s not a nobody she’s very caring and adjusts the students as needed.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

My yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ instructor isn’t gonna like you today. She’s not a nobody she’s very caring and adjusts the students as needed.

If he's beautiful and have a good sports take, she can be a moderator on "our show"... Real Hawksquwk...  We will need some of those Woosaws  to help us get through it. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I think it is a no-brainer that Wiseman is going to average more points and rebounds than OO.  But OO just showed he is already the best weapon on our roster against the league MVP while Wiseman is looking up towards "average" defensively.  That is a big gap for near term contribution.  OO is likely to be more of a role player but this is an era where a big man putting 18 and 10 doesn't mean you are actually doing much right.  If you want to make a case for Wiseman for any of our core for me, you had better be convincing me he has a path to being an impact defender.  That is what Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid are.  They score a ton but they also are stud defenders.  KAT is the guy who is more of a an offense only impact and his is the team that won around 30% of their games the last two seasons.  I don't say that suggest that he is worthless or anything just to make the point that even his level of offense (which is probably better than anything Wiseman will ever do) isn't necessarily enough to get there without making an impact on defense.

• Like 2

We drive our old Ford PU to the dealer.  We look at the new models.  Wow!  wouldn't that be great.  Then, we look at the window sticker.  Golly, this thing cost more than my house did.  We move on.

Yep.  We're looking.  But we ain't buying.  Cost too much.  What we could offer and what his team would want does not compute.

👨‍🌾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

We drive our old Ford PU to the dealer.  We look at the new models.  Wow!  wouldn't that be great.  Then, we look at the window sticker.  Golly, this thing cost more than my house did.  We move on.

Yep.  We're looking.  But we ain't buying.  Cost too much.  What we could offer and what his team would want does not compute.

👨‍🌾

Gramps did I ever tell you about the late nights when my folks weren’t home and I made my own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches 🥪 as a kid for dinner. Granted it was every other week but that was the longest month of my life. :indifferent:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Had to get Wised up on the Wizards deal...

Golden State Warriors receive: Bradley Beal, Avery Bradley

Houston Rockets receive: James Wiseman, No. 7 pick in 2021, No. 14 pick in 2021

Washington Wizards receive: No. 2 pick in 2021, Andrew Wiggins

What????

If there was a way that we could jump in and replace Houston, I would do it.  But that #2 pick is something. 

Houston ain't touching that deal

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

'

I like your selective picking here.  This is a fan poll and you know as well as I that when you read the whole thread, most of the fans say Isaiah Stewart is better than Both OO and Wise.   Which says that fans don't know jack. 

So you find a couple idiots to justify your claim when the masses spoke Okongwu is clearly better

On 7/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, RandomFan said:

Okongwu is our center of the future. Everyone is going to have to come to grips with that eventually. 

As someone who loves Okongwu, I still have my doubts on him being a 5 for us considering we need a paint protector at the 5 as well which Capela gives us 

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, I don't see Wiseman being shopped by Golden State unless they can land a star and even then, they are trying to move the picks and Wiggins, not Wiseman

True but picks and Wiggins isn’t enough to get that guy they want which is their second coming of Durant in Beal or someone else. It’s gonna take Wiseman  to make the impact they want.