Is this better?


Diesel
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member
6 hours ago, niremetal said:

an undersized, defense-free, scoring-is-his-only-skill-but-he's-mediocre-from-deep-so-he-needs-the-ball-and-time-on-the-clock-to-be-effective 2-guard who makes $35 million a year to be Trae's backcourt partner.

Nailed that description, think you missed a few adjectives though. :laugh1:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, it is not.

The price point for Beal makes him unattainable for the Hawks. Washington would want too much and  I personally am not willing to give it up for Beal.

His wife on social media also makes me not want to root for Beal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bogo/Cam/#20  for Beal?

 

 

This trade would have to go on the 21-22 season where Beal is set to make $34 million.  There is a 12.4 million difference in salaries. Technically it could be worked if the Hawks waived their free agents (except JC).

Beal has a Player Option for 2022 which he would likely reject in order to sign a new max deal. 

Basically you are trading Bogi (at 18 million/year for 2 years), Cam and #20 for a 1 year rental.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This trade would have to go on the 21-22 season where Beal is set to make $34 million.  There is a 12.4 million difference in salaries. Technically it could be worked if the Hawks waived their free agents (except JC).

Beal has a Player Option for 2022 which he would likely reject in order to sign a new max deal. 

Basically you are trading Bogi (at 18 million/year for 2 years), Cam and #20 for a 1 year rental.

Yeah, i saw that as I was looking at The Big three in GS asking for Beal (according to reports).  The talk is that Washington will be moving both Beal and Westbrook.  There are less rumors about Westbrook but I saw an article on one of our pages about this kind of trade.   Whereas I do believe that Beal would be an upgrade to Bogi... and his defense isn't as bad as Hawks Homers say.. I don't like the contractual issue of he has a PO next year.  For that reason, I would turn down the thought of this trade.  Understand, under no circumstance is Bogi/Cam/#20 better than Beal... but the contract for me kills the deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The cost for Beal would make our championship aspirations worse than what it would be if we didn't trade for him. I would much rather target a star that is a 2-way player, and those kind of guys aren't available.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

and his defense isn't as bad as Hawks Homers say..

No...it really has been....worse than Trae bad by the same metrics.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No...it really has been....worse than Trae bad by the same metrics.

Short Memories....

I say often times, players are exposed by the coaches defensive schemes and tendencies.   Like how Trae looked like Trash under LP but not so bad under Nate.  This is the same guy who locked up the likes of Korver, Harden, and others under different coaching schemes. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Short Memories....

I say often times, players are exposed by the coaches defensive schemes and tendencies.   Like how Trae looked like Trash under LP but not so bad under Nate.  This is the same guy who locked up the likes of Korver, Harden, and others under different coaching schemes. 

 

2015??? Really? He's bern trending in the wrong direction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2015??? Really? He's bern trending in the wrong direction. 

He's had different coaching too.  Maybe his coach is just happy with him taking the load on offense and not concerned so much about defense. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sorry @Diesel but Beal costs too much to get and his production would not get us any closer to a championship. Maybe he would focus a bit more on defense if he had Trae running the offense and he didn't need to dribble the ball so much, but everyone said the same thing when Westbrook came to Washington. The dude was playing on an All Star team in the Olympic exhibition games and still wasn't playing defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Short Memories....

I say often times, players are exposed by the coaches defensive schemes and tendencies.   Like how Trae looked like Trash under LP but not so bad under Nate.  This is the same guy who locked up the likes of Korver, Harden, and others under different coaching schemes. 

 

I'm scratching my head at this.  Trae looked like an elite offensive player who just wasn't converting the wins under LP and looked like one of the best players in the game under Nate.  He has looked elite regardless of coach since the first few months of his rookie season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I'm scratching my head at this.  Trae looked like an elite offensive player who just wasn't converting the wins under LP and looked like one of the best players in the game under Nate.  He has looked elite regardless of coach since the first few months of his rookie season.

We were talking about defense.  Under LP, Trae was labelled the worst defender in the league.  Under Nate.... Not so bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2015??? Really? He's bern trending in the wrong direction. 

It’s so odd.  Beal came into the league touted as a preeminent 3 and D prospect, something like a more dynamic Klay Thompson.  Trended that way for a short while, finally hit that sweet spot for a season, and then it’s like a switch just went off and he decided “defense wins championships but offense gets you paid!”

“All of that defending nonsense?  Naw, not for me.  All of that catch and shoot nonsense? Nope, not no more, I don’t even like 3s.  Just give me the ball and get out the way!”

Him and Oladipo are the worst offenders when it comes to hype vs reality.  It’s like they both realized that they’d never reach the levels they were projected to but they’ll fake the funk as far as counting stats are concerned. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
47 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We were talking about defense.  Under LP, Trae was labelled the worst defender in the league.  Under Nate.... Not so bad.

Those who follow him closely already saw the improvement.  He just got some limited credit for it once we started winning games.  I don't think he transformed from where he was when LP was fired to where he finished the season under Nate. Any incremental improvement was just a continuation of the small step development he has been doing over the last two years.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.