• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this better?

Diesel

Beal is a fringe All-Star at best. The only way I'm giving up our assets is for a legitimate superstar and frankly Beal ain't it. AD, Embiid, Giannis, Luka, Jokic, KD, and maybe KAT to some extent are the type of players you use your assets on. We need to be patient and bring the gang back. There will be better situations and scenarios down the road that We can take advantage of. We can't get thirsty now to just be thirsty, which means we shouldn't make deals just to make deals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not going go lie this one is tough for me. @Diesel made some good valid points in my opinion but so did @JayBirdHawk….both clearly on different sides of this! Lol…..not to mention @niremetal made excellent points too.

id be interested to know how badly Schlenk would want to get Beal on this roster for one ….IF this rumor truly has legs.

@Diesel is right even though it’s been a while, Beal was once a two way player before he completely dropped the defense and went completely in on offense. To @Diesel point he’s right that so many coaching changes likely impacted his defensive effort, not to mention that Beal may have been jealous of Wall as well during that time but that’s just my own personal thoughts.

as far as Beal fit with Trae vs Bogi fit with Trae. ….I think Bogi is the better fit between the two because Bogi don’t need the ball in his hands to be impactful offensively and he moves off ball well and is no doubt a better pure shooter then Beal and always ready to shoot with that quick release and lately has been a better defender. BUT even with that said I personally believe Trae is so special that he can fit with nearly anyone in the backcourt.

In other words IF Beal did end up in Atlanta I wouldn’t be worried about fit….I know Trae and Beal will figure it out offensively. Last, as far as talent goes Beal is a better scorer than Bogi and there no comparison when it comes to just flat out getting buckets between these two. Beal can give you 30 on any given night and sometimes when you have an opportunity to add a 30 pt scorer with a star already on your team who can go and drop 30 and 10 on any night …..shit you have to look at it and atleast consider it.

I wouldn’t give up Cam or Hunter to get Beal but if they could work it out differently and make it happen without those two being involved… I MAY would consider it if i were in Schlenk shoes.

That’s a deadly offensive backcourt with Trae and Beal ….but hey I’m not saying make the move I’m just giving my opinion. I don’t blame schlenk for looking into it! Especially if he believes Nate can get Beal back on a good defensive track.

it really just all depends….I do feel we need to solidify who’s the 2nd best scorer or 2nd option. Those things will get more important as we make championship runs. You need at least two guys who can just go get you a bucket when the offense stalls especially in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JTB said:

In other words IF Beal did end up in Atlanta I wouldn’t be worried about fit….I know Trae and Beal will figure it out offensively. Last, as far as talent goes Beal is a better scorer than Bogi and there no comparison when it comes to just flat out getting buckets between these two. Beal can give you 30 on any given night and sometimes when you have an opportunity to add a 30 pt scorer with a star already on your team who can go and drop 30 and 10 on any night …..shit you have to look at it and atleast consider it.

First, thanks for the shout-out!

Second, I'm pretty sure the Wizards thought Beal and Westbrook would figure it out too. But their offense ended up being wildly inconsistent (ended the year #17 in offensive efficiency). And impressionistically, Westbrook's size, rebounding ability, and years of experience being the #2 option should have made him easier to fit with Beal than Trae would be. I think they'd be a terrible fit, and would utterly destroy the chemistry that made the current team click.

And that's just on the offensive end...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, niremetal said:

Second, I'm pretty sure the Wizards thought Beal and Westbrook would figure it out too. But their offense ended up being wildly inconsistent (ended the year #17 in offensive efficiency). And impressionistically, Westbrook's size, rebounding ability, and years of experience being the #2 option should have made him easier to fit with Beal than Trae would be. I think they'd be a terrible fit, and would utterly destroy the chemistry that made the current team click.

I get what ya saying but Westbrook is a bone head. Experience or not. Westbrick is a star by all out hustle and not necessarily skill. Therefore I believe skilled stars in Trae and Beal could definitely figure it out if they were to be teammates. Plus the front office don’t make that move without consulting Trae to be sure he’s on board with it.

But it doesn’t matter ….the likely hood of this happening is extremely rare. I’m certain schlenk does not see Beal as a star that can come on this team and put us over the top and that’s what it’s about at the end of the day….so that’s why to me he’s probably looking into the possibilities but won’t truly make a real move and that’s ok.

this one was fun ….I’m ready for the next hawks rumor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, niremetal said:

There's a difference between Westbrook and Trae.  Has Westbrook gotten along offensively with anybody he's played with?  That's why it's going to be hard to move him.  I think they'll hang on to him until the trade deadline and catch a team desparate to get out of an ending contract... but that's another story. 

Trae actually does make people better. 

The thing I would like about getting a Beal is that there will be far less times when our offense goes stagnant.  I was reading where Popp was talking about how Beal Moves.  Called him slippery but then can stop on a dime.   

My problem is Beal's contract.  I don't want a 1 year rental.