• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade and Free Agent Season.

JayBirdHawk

56 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

News for local sports fans and dyslexic fans of Edmond alike.

~lw3

Jeff has improved his form of journalism since joining the Athletic. He's still pessimistic but no longer extremely pessimistic 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I haven't seen one Tony Snell FA rumor. His hot regular season 3pt percentages had me thinking he could get an MLE deal from some team,  his poor playoffs scrapped that idea quickly.

I'm guessing he goes to a team in need of his 3pt shooting for the vet min - LAL, PTL etc.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I haven't seen one Tony Snell FA rumor. His hot regular season 3pt percentages had me thinking he could get an MLE deal from some team,  his poor playoffs scrapped that idea quickly.

I'm guessing he goes to a team in need of his 3pt shooting for the vet min - LAL, PTL etc.

Bro was so ass in the playoffs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like all the vets are looking to go to LAL - Patty Mills, Wayne Ellington, Carmelo, Dwight, Dragic, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, Andre Iguadala.

They looking like that first Miami Heat title team that was loaded with former washed stars

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like all the vets are looking to go to LAL - Patty Mills, Wayne Ellington, Carmelo, Dwight, Dragic, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, Andre Iguadala.

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They looking like that first Miami Heat title team that was loaded with former washed stars

Melo has fallen hard.

Man was a lethal scorer but now is reduced to pretty much an afterthought while his friends Lebron and CP3 are still being talked about pretty highly. Even Wade getting some notoriety in retirement.

Melo just known for collecting alleged baby mommas at this point.

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro was so ass in the playoffs 

Dude look like the monstars yanked whatever regular season ability he had.

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Melo just known for collecting alleged baby mommas at this point.

Fallen because of undue criticism.  Guy's a 1st ballot HOF just as the rest of his crew.  His resume is better than Paul's, if folks are honest.

And I don't even like sMelo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Dude look like the monstars yanked whatever regular season ability he had.

Fallen because of undue criticism.  Guy's a 1st ballot HOF just as the rest of his crew.  His resume is better than Paul's, if folks are honest.

And I don't even like sMelo. 

Wonder did Melo piss off someone. Wasn't he out of the league for a season or a few?

• Premium Member

Will Iggy cost more than Solo?

Can hardly believe it's 2021 and he's still a plausible consideration for someone's roster... the memories of the Chilz vs. Deng vs. Iggy pre-draft debate still lingering in my brain.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can't forget DeRozen. Reports are he will take less money to play with the Lakers.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Wonder did Melo piss off someone. Wasn't he out of the league for a season or a few?

Long story but it's a couple things imho.

- Took money over winning by going to NYK, despite their literal decades of losing folks pinned a lot of it on him.  Became posterboy for "empty stats" player, hard to shake labels.

- Also recall, he got Jeff Bzdelik fired when he was in DEN (allegedly).  Gets to Houston and Bzdelik is on the staff.  Bz "retires" after Melo arrives.  After Melo is released, Bz "unretires", returns to HOU staff.

- HOU has underwhelming season, scapegoats Melo.  Wonder what Bz had to say about Melo behind his back?

- Also recall he and then Houston coach, Dantoni didn't see eye to eye in NYK.  Between that, the Bz stuff, and HOU mgt needing a scapegoat... I'd imagine it's safe to say he got a raw deal there.

- After his release, basically sat for a year until POR took a chance.  Played well for POR, thus questioning HOU being unable to find a way to use him.

Just a few notes on the subject to ponder.  Probably a more pro-melo slant there, honestly.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Can't forget DeRozen. Reports are he will take less money to play with the Lakers.

Miami trying to pair up Lowry and DeRozan as well

I see Monk as useful in a Lou Williams type of role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1