• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think this could be possible.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Cam to Houston for the 2nd pick overall... and then we take Mobley?

Mobley has great potential.  We can play him behind Clint until he's ready to take over.  get some weight on him. 

Houston would love to build around a player like Cam.  Probably better than Jalen Green would be. 

Sadly no theirs not any team in this draft going to give above a top 8 to 10 pick for Cam and maybe not even that.  As much as i love Cam and he is my main guy on the team to support i also realize he hasn't shown his full real potential yet which has tanked his value around the league.  That and his contract has less years than their rookie guy would have while still being almost as much if not more upside than cam has.   

If I was the GM of any NBA team not named the Atlanta Hawks I would be trying to slip Cam Reddish away.  Knowing he did not play very much last season before he was shut down until late in the playoffs, I would be hoping that no one else had noticed.

If, on the other hand, I was the Hawks GM, I would just know that, unless I got that unreasonable offer, no way would I trade Cam Reddish.  He's part of the youthful core of the team.  

I may be wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time nor the last.  However, it is my belief that we have yet to really see what Cam is capable of.  He's that all star player we have all wanted for the Hawks for many, many years.  Is he really THAT good?  In my eye, he is!

:sun:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

In terms of direction of the team, you can't be happy with just here and now.   You have to think about the future too.   I suggest getting Mobley as a future replacement of Clint.  OO as a replacement of JC.   Hunter and Trae will be the future.  I'm for running it back this season but at the same time, I think that where there's an opportunity to create a better future existing, (especially at a small cost), we should look into it. 

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

In terms of direction of the team, you can't be happy with just here and now.   You have to think about the future too.   I suggest getting Mobley as a future replacement of Clint.  OO as a replacement of JC.   Hunter and Trae will be the future.  I'm for running it back this season but at the same time, I think that where there's an opportunity to create a better future existing, (especially at a small cost), we should look into it. 

Both sides would say no to that deal, I think.

Just as important from our perspective, the fact that Hunter ended up needing two surgeries on the same knee is worrisome. Until he can stay healthy and play a full season at the level he did in the first month of last season, I don't think we can count on him being a cornerstone. That makes seeing if Cam is ready to take the next step all the more important, because long wings who can stretch the floor and defend 4 positions don't come along every day.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Cam is a big part of the future as I see it but Houston hangs up first on that one.  Cam has shown too much downside risk and injury history for them to make that deal.  

Given the immense potential Cam has shown, @niremetal may nail it in saying both sides would reject.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Jokes aside, I get your thinking. I get looking to the future to ensure we are great for years to come. The thing is, I feel like Schlenk has already set us on the path to be great for years to come. This wasn't supposed to be the year we contended for a championship. Nobody serious with themselves would say they expected an ECF appearance THIS year. Our young players stepped up and grew up during the second half of the season and playoffs. Looking to the future doesn't have to mean giving away our young promising players for more high end draft picks (that we hope will pan out). We already have the young pieces to look towards the future.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Jokes aside, I get your thinking. I get looking to the future to ensure we are great for years to come. The thing is, I feel like Schlenk has already set us on the path to be great for years to come. This wasn't supposed to be the year we contended for a championship. Nobody serious with themselves would say they expected an ECF appearance THIS year. Our young players stepped up and grew up during the second half of the season and playoffs. Looking to the future doesn't have to mean giving away our young promising players for more high end draft picks (that we hope will pan out). We already have the young pieces to look towards the future.

You mean trading our young promising player for a player as promising at a position of need (in the future). 

Right now we have Bogi, Huerter and Cam all playing SG and SG is a position that is not so hard to find in this league (Compared to C).   

I get Houston maybe hanging up.   But they are looking at Jalen Green.  I would be willing to beat that Cam is better.   IN fact, I would even say Cam/#20 for #2. 

• Premium Member

The move feels selective. I wonder who's behind it? I mean.. it's been rumored that we are shopping Cam. 

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/07/26/atlanta-hawks-thomas-pick-reddish-trade/

“The Hawks may look to restart the cycle by moving one of their rookie scale contract players, such as Cam Reddish, for a first-round pick, as it’s unlikely that they’ll be able to pay all of their young players.”

So what's the difference between this thread and the thread based on "inside information" that sits on the main page and has sat there for months?   At least there's some justification for this thread.