• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go Westbrook, Not-so-Young Man?

How is this possible?  I don’t understand the cap enough and this is the reason why my franchises on 2K only last a couple seasons haha.  AD, Lebron, and Russ are slated to make around 123 million next season.  That number figures to be higher than the cap room allows, but under the luxury tax.  Even going over the luxury tax there has to be a limit to what a team can spend?  

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Alex said:

How is this possible?  I don’t understand the cap enough and this is the reason why my franchises on 2K only last a couple seasons haha.  AD, Lebron, and Russ are slated to make around 123 million next season.  That number figures to be higher than the cap room allows, but under the luxury tax.  Even going over the luxury tax there has to be a limit to what a team can spend?  

I dunno, but with like 4 dudes under contract, they're gonna try to woo a LOT of VetMin LeBronaires to tag along.

~lw3

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Teams can exceed the cap to resign their own players.  

Example: the Hawks this season.

We currently have $94 million in Guaranteed contract the salary cap is at $112 million.

Because JC is a restricted FA, he as a $12 mil cap hold which when added tto the $94 mil is now  $106 million is salary....So we have $6 million is capspace, $2 million goes to pick #20 dropping it to $4 mil.

So if we use that $4 million, we will have ZERO capspace, but JC's new contract could potentially be as high as $28 mil, so subtract his caphold of $12 mil that leaves $16 mil added to $112 which equals $128 million. We are now over the $112 salary cap.

Hope that isn't too confusing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1