• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson - WELCOME TO THE HAWKS!

RandomFan

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Missed the first 12 minutes or so. Can you do a recap of anything new we haven't talked about already? 

Well poop - 3 minutes in and I had to get on a phone call, smh.

• Premium Member

Nothing against him but it kinda makes me question anyone wearing #2.  That should be a retired jersey. When someone is a seven all time All Star and six of them in a row were as a Hawk what else is there to say? 

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Nothing against him but it kinda makes me question anyone wearing #2.  That should be a retired jersey. When someone is a seven all time All Star and six of them in a row were as a Hawk what else is there to say? 

I was thinking the same.  Instead of shaking my fists at that cloud, I decided to figure it's just because he was a 2nd rounder.

I'll wait to see what he suits up under for SL.

Not that I'm tryna stand in the way of your rant'n.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Deke got retired as a Hawk for half the accomplishments on the court but a lot more off.   I'm guessing 50% of current Hawk fans barely know who Joe is and certainly don't know he was a 6 time all star with the Hawks.  I'm not saying this is a good reason not to retire #2 but it's not not a good reason.   

Point forward?  Yep.  From what I've read, he is an excellent athlete.  That's great!  He sometimes played small center and grabbed bunches of rebounds, then started a fast break.  Has the biggest hands of anyone drafted.  Wow!  Hope they can hang on to the ball.

Don't expect him at center.  SF and PF.  But, we're told he can defend most any position.  Perhaps he goes against Detroit's first round pick, a big old boy PG.  Or, maybe he just goes to G League and doesn't play with the A team.  If he or Cooper go down there, I don't expect them to stay.

Good draft and good trade for a back up PG.  Hawks may win a few games next season.  And, we're not the oldest NBA team around either.  Just a bunch of talented kids who don't know any better than to believe in themselves and their team.  A dangerous mix!!

:smug:

• Like 3