• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson - WELCOME TO THE HAWKS!

RandomFan

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

I had no idea Jalen Johnson has the nba combine record for vertical leap at a whopping 48”!  Jimminy Crickets. Just heard that watching the summer games. 

I believe that was Keldon Johnson. The broadcast team had he names wrong. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

I had no idea Jalen Johnson has the nba combine record for vertical leap at a whopping 48”!  Jimminy Crickets. Just heard that watching the summer games. 

He doesn't, Smitty got that wrong. It was actually Keon Johnson

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Excellent Q&A.

Excellent questions.

Excellent answers.

Extremely pleased with the maturity and attitude of both our draftees, me, and I'm pretty sure I'm just mindmelding with everyone else on that much.

Can we start the season next week?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, marco102 said:

Q&A With Jalen

https://theathletic.com/2765633/2021/08/13/jalen-johnson-qa-on-believing-hes-the-best-player-in-2021-draft-class-leaving-duke-early-his-fit-with-hawks/

There's more, but didn't want to post the entire article.  

I like his responses to the questions about handling his expected role.  It could be media drivel, but at least he understands the situation he's coming into.  Learn from the guys ahead of you, get better, and take Gallo's minute's the next season.

The comments on Duke don't give much more on what happened there, but I feel for the Kid looking out for his best interest and then being painted as a villian.  He should know our lead villian (anti-hero) is very successful. 

I read that article.  I agree with him.  I've seen enough of him to be confident to say he is the best player in this draft.  Coach K did the Hawks a favor by causing him to slide like that.   The VERY good thing about the Hawks is they don't have a FALCON FILTER.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...