• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Sharife Cooper

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2 year guaranteed...Correct.

My hope is we offer him a longer deal during his two-way and get him to sign up to that and can see him as a part of the core for years to come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

My hope is we offer him a longer deal during his two-way and get him to sign up to that and can see him as a part of the core for years to come.

We can negotiate a standard NBA contract during the season but we'll need a roster spot to do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 12:15 AM, NBASupes said:

We see him here.  We watched him in Summer League.  Now, he's on a 2 way contract, going to the Skyhawks for some maturing work.  

From what we're already watched and what we've already heard, Atlanta just grabbed two of the best prospects in the draft.  Cooper and Johnson.  Johnson and Cooper.  Get ready for some real fireworks in the G League this fall!  And, secretly, the Hawks have a 7' center down there to add spice to everything.  I'm already getting excited, waiting for all the lobs!

GO SKYHAWKS!!

:smug:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

We see him here.  We watched him in Summer League.  Now, he's on a 2 way contract, going to the Skyhawks for some maturing work.  

From what we're already watched and what we've already heard, Atlanta just grabbed two of the best prospects in the draft.  Cooper and Johnson.  Johnson and Cooper.  Get ready for some real fireworks in the G League this fall!  And, secretly, the Hawks have a 7' center down there to add spice to everything.  I'm already getting excited, waiting for all the lobs!

GO SKYHAWKS!!

We are drafting like the Spurs of a decade and more ago. Starting to have late picks and absolutely nailing them. Schlenk again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Two lottery picks in this year's draft - Jalen Johnson & Sharife Cooper.  Remind me again - Where did these two end up in the draft? - They both went to one lucky team! - Really? -Who had two lottery picks this summer?  Wow!  They really made out, didn't they!

Team practice starts about one month from today.  Four pre season games, well spaced out, then the season!  What will these two look like when they face real, honest to goodness, NBA players?  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Gonna be rooting for him to get that 15th spot on the roster.

Who would you want on the end of your bench? Okafur, TLC, or Sharife? Easy choice...lol. I think He might even surpass Wright in the pg rotation if he gets playing time tbh....Nate saw what he brings to an offense last night..

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Sharife and Trae have such similar styles on offense and are so good in the PnR i could see him being a really solid backup PG for a long time.  And he looked like TJ McConnell on defense and you know that makes Nate happy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, terrell said:

I think He might even surpass Wright in the pg rotation if he gets playing time tbh....

I’ve been beating that drum since Day 1, am leading that parade, have an official bet with  Bird 🥁

• Like 4

• Moderators
13 hours ago, terrell said:

Who would you want on the end of your bench? Okafur, TLC, or Sharife? Easy choice...lol. I think He might even surpass Wright in the pg rotation if he gets playing time tbh....Nate saw what he brings to an offense last night..

You only have two two-way slots so you can have another body on the roster if you keep Sharife in that position.  So you can have both Okafor and Sharife (on two-way) versus having Sharife on a full contract and some young, unsigned player on a two-way.  

That said, I do think there is reason not to be penny wise, pound foolish and that Sharife could earn his way to a full deal which would put us in a better position to have Bird rights on him to maximize our ability to resign him in the future.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Gonna be rooting for him to get that 15th spot on the roster.

This video was great.  Dude is humble but confident.  His personality gives me Giannis vibes but a little less playful/goofy.  I really hope she shows out this year and takes the #2 spot.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

How is Cooper playing in his CP games? And how did I miss that Langston Galloway was back with our GL team?

This little nugget at then of the 'piece' caught my eye

If Cooper is going to overcome this hurdle it is imperative that he learns how to play off the ball. Without this, there is a chance that he loses his two-way deal before the season ends.

• Premium Member

Cat Barber's been turning some heads. Not so sure that Langston is.

(EDIT: See that the writer highlighted one game. One game is one game.)

But/and that's one of the more ridiculous quotes you're ever going to read, ie, suggesting that our GM might drop Sharife. Someone at Soaring needs to be doing a better editing job to keep someone from uploading content that only amounts to embarrassing himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1