Welcome to Atlanta, Sharife Cooper

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Whoa 😮. He played half the games of Mann, Springer and Mitchell with more FTA?  :mellow: Who the hell he think he is, Trae Young? :upsidedown:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carmine said:

I completely forgot about Edy, he was like the Hawks version of Tacko fall shame it didn't work out.

I remember being dead ass wrong on him after watching his season at Gran Cariana. When he came out, I was like, who the f*** is Edy Tarvares. Watched him at summer league and was like, he got some potential. He was better than Boban who ended up being a much better player down the road. Watched those Spanish Liga games since he was stashed a year and though, man he could be so damn good. Bro literally looked slow af the minute he played his first NBA preseason game. I was thinking he could be Gobert in Spain. He's back in Spain looking like Gobert for Real Madrid. Gobert is extremely athletic for his size. Edy isn't. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I honestly feel, that's the biggest knock on Coop. Can he do what he did at the highest of levels. He was having major issues getting his shot off in the NCAAs, the NBA is a different beast. I think he's gonna need time to develop. He got all of the markings. He's gonna need a good year where he's 80/20. 80% in the G-League and 20% in the NBA with Lou being his mentor. 

• Like 2

Best thing for Rief is the the quality of PGs on average in the Gleague in just a tier above China outside of the Americans who sign there who are generally Euroleague or 3rd string NBA level. I remember we had Jaylen Morris. He was super trash as a NBA backup, and just trash as a 3rd string NBA PG but he was a beast in the Gleague. The quality of PGs in the Gleague is extremely low outside of the two-way guys and the guys who are signed but have to play in the GL for mins. 

Position Quality: 

Everything above avg 2nd string NBA player is elite in terms of the general Basketball player. These guys will destroy pros. 

Position: 

PG - 

Average 2nd string NBA player - Top tier

Elite Euroleague types - 1/2 tier

3rd stringer - 2nd tier

two-way contract - 3rd tier

EuroLeague - 4th tier

Aussie League - 4th tier

EuroCup - 5th tier

Top Euro Leagues other teams - 6th tier

G-League - 7th tier

China - 8th tier

Non Basketball countries leagues - 9th tier

Semi-pro Ball (CBA) - 10th tier

SG - 

3rd stringer - 2nd tier

EuroLeague - 4th tier

G-League - 4th tier

Aussie League - 4th tier

EuroCup - 5th tier

G-league is pretty strong for SGs. A lot of quality SGs in the G-league. 

SF - 

3rd stringer - 2nd tier

EuroLeague - 4th tier

G-League - 4th tier

Aussie League - 4th tier

EuroCup - 5th tier

China - 8th tier

G-league is pretty strong for SFs. A lot of quality SFs in the G-league. 

PF - 

3rd stringer - 2nd tier

EuroLeague - 4th tier

G-League - 4th tier

Aussie League - 4th tier

EuroCup - 5th tier

China - 8th tier

G-league is pretty strong for PFs. A lot of quality PFs in the G-league. 

SF - 

3rd stringer - 2nd tier

EuroLeague - 4th tier

Aussie League - 4th tier

EuroCup - 5th tier

China - 8th tier

G-League - 9th tier

G-league is pretty weak for Cs. Hardly any quality Cs in the G-league. 

The NCAA is tough, depending on your level of play, the level changes but it's amateur so I do not rate it. 

That said, NCAA SEC Basketball is a lot harder than the the G-league for PG's and centers. 

The best PGs who don't make it to the NBA almost always go to Europe as there is an extremely high demand for American PGs as they translate to the international game extremely well. Same for centers but moreso because of the abundance we have and the threshold at that position is too high in the NBA but much lower overseas for great pay. Going to the G-league won't really get them into the NBA so many don't bother with it. That's why it's terrible for centers. The best centers in the G-league are almost always guys signed to NBA clubs already. 

At 2-4, it's a lot easier to get called up and make it in the NBA. That's why the quality at those positions in the G-league is so high. 

• Like 3

Still in awe about how Sharife was able to fall to 48. But I've been doing my research to see why exactly teams were so down on him, so I decided to find video of one of his worst games he played. And I'm not gonna lie, it looked rough.

It was against Baylor, and Baylor was able to disrupt his rhythm throughout the entire game, which made him want to force the issue many times when it wasn't necessary. 

Based on it, I can see how teams would've been so down on him and how his game could translate to the next level. His shot will be they key separator for him. With it, he can be a perennial All-Star, without it, he'll be a career backup in the league.

See for yourself.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 48th selections.

Go Coop.

A lot of the core is with Adidas - Trae, John, Bogi, Cooper. I'm not sure who Kevin , OO or Hunter are with. Cam is with Nike.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1