• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bruno Fernando appreciation thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh . . he went to Boston?

Oh no!

Please don't come back to haunt us.  He may actually get a legit shot in Boston.

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They already have 3 rostered Centers: Al Horford, Robert Williams and Moses Brown. I guess he can see minutes at PF?

Bruno may yet get a chance. Boston traded Moses Brown to Mavs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is going to be my one and only time posting Bruno Highlights in puke Green

He looked like he belonged, that's for sure. Figure that if BOS puts him in a position to develop this year, he'll sign a free agent contract next off season with a team where he'll stand a real shot at being part of their rotation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Honestly, this is pretty much the same Big Bru that I thought we'd see in the 2020 summer league that never was. Honestly, there's no question but that he still has so much more developing to do before he can be a genuine option in some contending team's rotation. But honestly, there's empirical evidence that he has some raw talent that makes that aspiration altogether plausible.

2021-08-15_16-39-49.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Honestly, this is pretty much the same Big Bru that I thought we'd see in the 2020 summer league that never was. Honestly, there's no question but that he still has so much more developing to do before he can be a genuine option in some contending team's rotation. But honestly, there's empirical evidence that he has some raw talent that makes that aspiration altogether plausible.

2021-08-15_16-39-49.png

If you notice in the video clip, he says that he wants to impact the game with his energy, rebounding, and passing.

The last point, his passing, is the skill that really hasn't been tapped into yet.  It'll be very interesting to see how Boston uses him, if he's able to crack their rotation.  Boston can definitely run secondary offense through Bruno, because he's an able and willing passer.  

As a scorer, he has shown the ability to take bigs off the dribble. If he gets a little midrange game, he'll become serviceable in that area as well.

Like I said, this could be Boris Diaw 2.0.  Boris, in the role he was in with the Hawks, just didn't fit.  In Phoenix, he was put in the perfect role for his skill set.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:09 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

This is going to be my one and only time posting Bruno Highlights in puke Green

@TheNorthCydeRises   look at ya boy.

Wow. He looked like he’s worked a lot on his game in the last.. month? I know it’s summer league but this is the best I’ve seen him play wearing a pro uniform.

He looks like he’s driving with a purpose and a bit angry about it. It wasn’t gonna work with us with Capela, Okongwu etc. but I may have to eat some crow here. I said he would be out of the league in a couple years, maybe not.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...