• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bruno Fernando appreciation thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I appreciate that this talentless clown isn't on the team anymore.

My wife and I still laugh about the game early last year where Vince was in the booth and he said this about Bruno, "Bruno is going to be a great player one day because Bruno wants to be a great."    Heard that and immediately raised my hand and blurted out, "Hey Vince, I'd also like to be great."

Another wasted 2nd round pick by Travis.    Drafted a stiff who combines complete lack of hands with complete lack of basketball IQ and court awareness.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, shakes said:

I appreciate that this talentless clown isn't on the team anymore.

My wife and I still laugh about the game early last year where Vince was in the booth and he said this about Bruno, "Bruno is going to be a great player one day because Bruno wants to be a great."    Heard that and immediately raised my hand and blurted out, "Hey Vince, I'd also like to be great."

Another wasted 2nd round pick by Travis.    Drafted a stiff who combines complete lack of hands with complete lack of basketball IQ and court awareness.

Whoa.  you don't see the phrase 'wasted 2nd round pick' that often.  This is what 2nd round picks are for right?  Guys who might or might not turn into something.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Whoa.  you don't see the phrase 'wasted 2nd round pick' that often.  This is what 2nd round picks are for right?  Guys who might or might not turn into something.

I don't agree.  If there's a chance to better your team in the 2nd round you take it.    For instance, maybe don't draft fat Omari Spellman when you can have his actually good teammate Jalen Brunson instead.   Imagine if we took Trae and Jalen in the same draft.  That would solve the PG problems for a decade.  Actually Spellman was a first round pick which makes that pick even worse.

Instead of Bruno we could've taken a Cody Martin and gotten some wing defense.   Or , if you want to follow your strategy why not take a guy like jalen McDaniels.   It;s not like he came out of nowhere, he was a well known prospect with tons of upside.  Fernando had zero upside.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

So it appears that Frank the Tank has some fans around here that demand his contract be guaranteed. While I don't think that's wise, let's just pretend for the moment that, regardless, Frank shows up... he's definitely getting some chance, after all... and proves to be too strong an asset to let go.

Were that to be the case, here's my revised projected roster.

2022-07-10_17-30-02.png

Welcome back, Bruno!!! @TheNorthCydeRises ... me... all your ATL teammates... and several other Squawkers, tho privately... are thrilled. 😛 Doh! Can't forget Mr. Schlenk, who gets a chance at 2nd round draft redemption since he traded up to get you from Maryland in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

So it appears that Frank the Tank has some fans around here that demand his contract be guaranteed. While I don't think that's wise, let's just pretend for the moment that, regardless, Frank shows up... he's definitely getting some chance, after all... and proves to be too strong an asset to let go.

Were that to be the case, here's my revised projected roster.

2022-07-10_17-30-02.png

Welcome back, Bruno!!! @TheNorthCydeRises ... me... all your ATL teammates... and several other Squawkers, tho privately... are thrilled. 😛 Doh! Can't forget Mr. Schlenk, who gets a chance at 2nd round draft redemption since he traded up to get you from Maryland in the first place.

You spelled Sharife wrong in the box. I thought we weren’t supposed to mention Bruno? :er:

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You spelled Sharife wrong in the box. I thought we weren’t supposed to mention Bruno? :er:

1. If I'm allowed to misspell Millsap for most of his time in ATL, surely I'm allowed to misspell Sharife. Surely.

2. I missed that memo. Why aren't we supposed to mention Bruno???

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Early nominee for GIF of the month.

Lol. I know it’s just incorrect all over the place nowadays but simple comedy is often the purest and best. :laugh1: I dunno maybe it’s just me but watching some ole clips of Rickles takes me back to a simpler time, whether for myself of the world 🌎 in general.

Go Hawks

ps The Chet kid is skilled. 20 years ago he’s another Nikoloz Tskitishvili and busts out but I think he unicorn 🦄 it’s these days.

51D114EA-5259-4823-A820-921A7A80F8E9.jpeg

DE9AC526-370A-46F2-BEF6-348C76334796.jpeg

3CB74701-FA7E-4ABA-9F83-B582FBF3B2A0.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/10/rockets-signing-bruno-fernando-to-four-year-deal.html

2022-10-03_20-55-25.png

Whoa.... from E-10 to 2-way to FOUR YEAR CONTRACT in a matter of just a few days???

All aboarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd... the Bruno bandwagon is back on the tracks and gaining speed. 😄

@TheNorthCydeRises is your friendly engineer, and me, I'm your humble conductor... emphasis on humble. 😉

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sturt said:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/10/rockets-signing-bruno-fernando-to-four-year-deal.html

2022-10-03_20-55-25.png

Whoa.... from E-10 to 2-way to FOUR YEAR CONTRACT in a matter of just a few days???

All aboarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd... the Bruno bandwagon is back on the tracks and gaining speed. 😄

@TheNorthCydeRises is you're friendly engineer, and me, I'm your humble conductor... emphasis on humble. 😉

That’s an impressive step up from being trade fodder. Let’s go Bruno!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sturt said:

2022-10-03_20-55-25.png

@TheNorthCydeRises is you're friendly engineer, and me, I'm your humble conductor... emphasis on humble. 😉

I’ll admit I was wrong, I honestly thought we wouldn’t see Bruno again. I’m pleasantly delighted to say the least.

:cheer:Go Bruno!

• Like 2