• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Lopez would've been my other target if we didn't get Gorgui. 

RoLo was a thicker one but I agree with others that Dieng plays more within a system and no erratic hooks. I still say I’d hold my breath if he was flingin those things up as a member of the Hawks.

Plus the whole mascot thing is cute when your in high school. When you’re in your 30’s it’s and I don’t wanna say weird but.. not that’s exactly how to describe it. Weird. :indifferent:

Lou's greatest value is getting buckets who replaces that.

Dieng is ok but he's not putting any fear in nobody. Wasn't he waived out the league not long ago. Let's not get crazy over this signing. The HAWKS big weakness which other teams tried to exploit was physicality. JaVale Mcgee I see not so sure about Dieng especially in protecting the rim.

The HAWKS have plenty passing. I need someone that the big boys in the league respect or we will get pushed around again. Those guys have no fear of Gorgui Deing. They ran him out the league before. I don't care about most of the league I'm talking about playoff teams. Don't think it's going to be a cake walk this year. Right now we have one star and a bunch of good guys until someone steps up and moves to the next level. I like what TS has done I just don't think it's championship level. The table was set as neat as it could get this year with the Freak injured and we couldn't eat. The table won't be this neat again. I wouldn't be surprised if another move is made to bring in another star level player at some point. Step up John Collins!!!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The HAWKS have plenty passing. I need someone that the big boys in the league respect or we will get pushed around again. Those guys have no fear of Gorgui Deing. They ran him out the league before. I don't care about most of the league I'm talking about playoff teams. Don't think it's going to be a cake walk this year. Right now we have one star and a bunch of good guys until someone steps up and moves to the next level. I like what TS has done I just don't think it's championship level. The table was set as neat as it could get this year with the Freak injured and we couldn't eat. The table won't be this neat again. I wouldn't be surprised if another move is made to bring in another star level player at some point. Step up John Collins!!!

So injuries did not play a part?  Like To that 1 star on the team you spoke of?

Freak was injured too. One for one. What happened to the rest of the team. They didn't show up. It's  hard to win with just one star. Hopefully one or two of the younger boys will step up, we will have to wait and see. But no I didn't think we were better than the bucks. Couldn't handle the physicality. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Freak was injured too. One for one. What happened to the rest of the team. They didn't show up. It's  hard to win with just one star. Hopefully one or two of the younger boys will step up, we will have to wait and see. But no I didn't think we were better than the bucks. Couldn't handle the physicality. 

So Hunter wasn't injured? Or Bogi? Heck even Okungwu had a shoulder injury requiring off season surgery.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I was talking about getting buckets. 

There is more to the game than just scoring. Defense counts too!  Maybe counts more in the playoffs than offense. You know that right.  Gallo can score with the best of them but has never been an all star because of his defense and lack of rebounding but Ben Simmons has and he is a limited scorer.

5 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The team with the most points win.

So you stop the other team from scoring as many as you do 😉 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The team with the most points win.

We didn't lose to the Bucks because we couldn't score enough points.  We lost because we could not rebound and play good enough defense.  Especially against an average player like Brook Lopez

So who did we sign that will make a  big difference.  If Lopez is average what is Dieng?  Come on no one was breaking down  Dieng's door to sign him. We didn't have the money to make a major signing . Let's just hope he becomes a valued rotation piece and not make him something he's not. He doesn't move the bar that far.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, FL_BRYANT said:

So who did we sign that will make a  big difference.  If Lopez is average what is Dieng?  Come on no one was breaking down  Dieng's door to sign him. We didn't have the money to make a major signing . Let's just hope he becomes a valued rotation piece and not make him something he's not. He doesn't move the bar that far.

GO HAWKS!!!

Dieng was brought in as a back up!  Are you related to Diesel?  I'm kinda getting that same vibe when it comes to a logical discussion.  The Hawks were missing a very important piece to their success in Deandre Hunter.  Hunter changes everything defensively for the Hawks.  The hawks are counting on more maturity and time with a coaching staff that took over mid season.  Not to mention the addition of more depth.  We were playing players like Goodwin, Knight and Hill last year for good sake.

One of the top under the radar signings.

Under-the-radar FA signings

Be sure to read our Sam Quinn on his top five under-the-radar free-agent signings that will prove surprisingly impactful next season:

Rudy Gay (Jazz)
The reported contract: Two years, $12.1 million (taxpayer mid-level exception)

Patty Mills (Nets)  
The reported contract: Two Years, $12 million (taxpayer mid-level exception)

Kelly Olynyk (Pistons)  
The reported contract: Three years, $37 million

Gorgui Dieng (Hawks)
The reported contract: One year, $4 million (mid-level exception)

Otto Porter Jr. (Warriors)  
The reported contract: One year, $2.4 million (minimum)

fa-nba.png
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Rudy Gay (Jazz)... naaaah
The reported contract: Two years, $12.1 million (taxpayer mid-level exception)

Patty Mills (Nets)... yes 
The reported contract: Two Years, $12 million (taxpayer mid-level exception)

Kelly Olynyk (Pistons)... naaaah
The reported contract: Three years, $37 million

Gorgui Dieng (Hawks)... yes
The reported contract: One year, $4 million (mid-level exception)

Otto Porter Jr. (Warriors)... possibly, but he's a box of chocolates
The reported contract: One year, $2.4 million (minimum)

• Thanks 1