• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Is there a rule where we can't use part of that MLE to make signings? Or do we have to use all of it on one player?

Yes you can use a portion of it, but as camp pointed out the BAE is also available.

• Like 1

I realize the days of bringing in Jason Collins to neutralize Dwight are over, but is there a center in free agency (or even the league) that could at least slow him down if we matched up against the Sixers again?

I know it can't/won't happen, but I'd love to see us bring Edy back from Real Madrid. He should've gotten more opportunities when he was drafted by us.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I realize the days of bringing in Jason Collins to neutralize Dwight are over, but is there a center in free agency (or even the league) that could at least slow him down if we matched up against the Sixers again?

I know it can't/won't happen, but I'd love to see us bring Edy back from Real Madrid. He should've gotten more opportunities when he was drafted by us.

Maybe Robin Lopez? ...he can at least fustrate Embiid.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Funny how we fall for the copycat narrative of small ball and three pointers. Only to get beat by size and midrange and scoring in the paint. If you give up 80 pts in the paint your going to lose. 

There's truth to this.  However, I'd say not having our wings was as big a factor in that loss as anything. 

Hurt rebounding and defense.  A big body wouldn't have been able to single-handedly counter what we were facing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Answering the question.... spend the entire MLE if you have to, in order to get your guy on a one year contract... after all, it's Ressler's money. 😄

As long as we don't excees the Tax. I have to jog my memory on the nimbers.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's a question, how much do you want to spend on a Center? Vet Min, BAE $3 mil, MLE $9 mil?

Rank your centers by price.

What’s the advantages of not spending the full 9 mill? Just wondering.

I’m down to Dieng and Robin Lopez I guess. Not sure how much each is looking for though. Much more for Lopez I assume. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

nimbers

:laugh1:

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

The final score of any game is representative of the total points... and so even if you get beat up outside the arc.... beat up inside the post.... regardless, it's the entirety  of the scoring, for you and against you, that matters.

Not that everyone doesn't know that. But it sounds like that point somehow gets lost sometimes in order to support a preferred conclusion.