• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not sure how sourced this guy is (Jake Fischer)

Not sure why Houston would do that.

That would such a odd ass pick up if they did do it.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why???

Unless they are planning on trading Wood?

Yeah it really wouldn’t make a lot of sense ….defensively anyways 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I love it! I’ll take McGee gladly 

Could he be as good as he was when he was with the Lakers in that championship run last year or was that all Lebron? I agree if I’m McGee I want Atlanta because there’s possibly nobody else in the league that could set me up as well as Trae. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, sillent said:

I think we should find a 7fter, Nathan Knight (undrafted) type player we can put on a 2 way while promoting Knight to 2nd/3rd C when Onyeka comes back.

Ibou Dianko Adji has a very similar mold and game to Rudy Gobert.

Ariel Hukporti is another raw player but could be more of what Bruno was supposed to be as a two way big.

I'd look into Dieng as well as a vet.

Still we only have so many spots on the 15 man roster and if Lou and Solo come back that means our big will have to come from a two way contract.

I don't think we'll be in need of a big as much as many may think though especially if/when we get Collins locked up. With Collins and Clint the starters are secure. With Jalen Johnson he could play the 4 while JC plays small ball C.

Nathan Knight can be that backup as well and can play with John, Jalen and Gallo as well as Clint in some instances.

Our extra backup C should mainly be an athletic 7fter that can defend, rebound and rim run against other teams that are large.

Both of these players opted out of the draft. They aren't eligible. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Could he be as good as he was when he was with the Lakers in that championship run last year or was that all Lebron? I agree if I’m McGee I want Atlanta because there’s possibly nobody else in the league that could set me up as well as Trae. 

He will do what’s told and play his role. He’ll be a great option when we face the bigger size teams in the post.

legit 7 footer, rim protector, able to set good screens ….and just gives McMillan another big body to use to keep Capela fresh.

I may be in the minority but I believe Capela can be a lot more beneficial deep into the playoffs if he has a good big man rotation he’s apart of. Capela may not be as talented as some centers he face like Embiid, Brook Lopez (offensively), jokic …..but I do believe he has better stamina than many centers and if he’s more energized at the end of games he could definitely be more impactful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

He will do what’s told and play his role. He’ll be a great option when we face the bigger size teams in the post.

legit 7 footer, rim protector, able to set good screens ….and just gives McMillan another big body to use to keep Capela fresh.

I may be in the minority but I believe Capela can be a lot more beneficial deep into the playoffs if he has a good big man rotation he’s apart of. Capela may not be as talented as some centers he face like Embiid, Brook Lopez (offensively), jokic …..but I do believe he has better stamina than many centers and if he’s more energized at the end of games he could definitely be more impactful.

If not McGee I’d love a girthy guy like Lopez or even Boban. I mean if nothing else Boban is impossible to get around on screen. Trae needs a split second with Boban he gets a minute. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If not McGee I’d love a girthy guy like Lopez or even Boban. I mean if nothing else Boban is impossible to get around on screen. Trae needs a split second with Boban he gets a minute. 

Not against this either. I just want the option to be there for Nate. 
Bucks aren’t more talented than us they are just bigger. Philly too except their big in Embiid is truly elite ….if we don’t get outmuscled I really like our chances in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rockets don't even have more than the MLE to spend. Whoever wrote that about Drummond is trolling ya'll 

Houston has ~$93 million in guaranteed contracts. They'll need to release capholds for guys like Olynyk etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Houston has ~$93 million in guaranteed contracts. They'll need to release capholds for guys like Olynyk etc.

Whats the deal with people overeating Olynk nowadays?

Guys still weak trash.  Folks getting fooled by a couple decent weeks in HOU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whats the deal with people overeating Olynk nowadays?

Guys still weak trash.  Folks getting fooled by a couple decent weeks in HOU.

No Olynk is good. He played like Larry Bird in the last month but he’s a craft big. Slow, methodical and annoying as heck.