Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He didn't have a rating last year because he only played like 40 games but in 2019 he ranked SECOND behind Gobert in Defensive Raptor. 

I don’t follow RAPTOR but that is huge.  I’m sure he’s always allowed a much lower post FG% than the league average.  Combined with a block and steal off the bench and he’s a very efficient dude.  His teammates seem to rebound well when he helps from the weak side and boxes out too because he’s such a live body while keeping fouls  to a minimum.

I remember early in his career he literally couldn’t stay on his feet.  He’s come a long way.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zach Collins has a twice fractured foot and out again for months after missing last season.

And the Spurs just gave him 22 million over 3 years? He should give his agent a raise............

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Awesome news, this is the player I wanted, Schlenck made me happy!!

Dieng is a really good backup, good defensive big that can stretch the floor and can also contain big Centers. Delon Wright and Dieng are awesome moves by Schlenck, they are real contributor that add players to a deep roster, we have  already 11 players that could start on any moment + 2 rookies. Best and deepest roster on the NBA

It is exactly what my wish list was heading into free agency. Extremely solid vet backups at  PG and C at value prices. A+ in my book. 

And I was hoping just to bring Dedmon back; lol. 

For a minute, I forgot that we have an effin wizard at GM who does Jedi mind tricks to GMs to the point where if I was an NBA owner, I'd make it company policy of my front office not to answer any calls with a 404 area code on it. Or 678. Or 770. Hell, 470 and 912 would probably be off-limits too; Schlenk might have mastered frame relay circuitry by now.

If he can extend Collins and maybe Lou (not as necessary with Wright here), we could call it an offseason. 

jedi.jpg

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I know he was your guy. So was RoLo. Are you happy with Gorgui or would you rather we went after the Mascot harasser?

I'm fine with Dieng, he has shooting range which Cap doesn't.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

we have an effin wizard at GM

243823970_SavantSchlenk.png.f0eb25e12b12

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

we could call it an offseason

Not so fast. It appears there's another shoe out there after all.