Could we be the best Defense and Offensive team next year? Team n


sillent
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was just going to ask if we had the best 1/2 punch 🤛 in the NBA defensively at center with Capela and Dieng? 
 

Can’t think of any team with a better defensive starting and backup center than Clint and Gorgui.

Who is Gobert’s backup?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I was just going to ask if we had the best 1/2 punch 🤛 in the NBA defensively at center with Capela and Dieng? 
 

Can’t think of any team with a better defensive starting and backup center than Clint and Gorgui.

Who is Gobert’s backup?

It is a very good pair, especially for the price tag.  Not sure I'd say it is the best defensive pairing just because we saw the limitations of Cap last post-season but it is very good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sillent said:

As an opposing team I would hate to see a starting lineup of PG Delon Wright, SGCam Reddish, SFDeAndre Hunter, PFOnyeka Okongwu and C Clint Capela. That's a monster defensive team in itself that can still get you buckets via Cam, Dre and even Wright.

Not too mention Huerter has gotten better on that end of the floor, Solo is known more for defense, Jalen Johnson can be a beast, John Collins has gotten alot better and Gorgui Dieng are no slouch either.

Knight (hopefully we keep him) and Mays are also pretty good defensively.

Trae, Bogi and Gallo can hold enough of their own on that end and are also lights out on offense.

I have a feeling Sharife can/will be a little tougher than Trae on the defensive end once he gets acclimated to the nba game although he will still have some obvious deficiencies.

Speaking of Trae and Sharife there are very few guards that are cerebral as those two and can completely manipulate an offense. Lou Will(if we bring him back) is an offensive weapon as well.

From top to bottom we may currently have the most 2way players in the league right now and with Nate we can definitely be a top defensive team. We also have the offensive fire power to be at the top on that end too. 

If we aren't top 10 in both categories this up and coming season then we've definitely underperformed. I can see us easily being top 5 in both categories.

 

5 star post.  We definitely can be top 4 in both, but Trae will have to compete and help the team stop the ball like he did in the playoffs.  Forming good double teams near the sideline, sneaky dig downs on the Bigs, well-anticipated passing lane jump type plays.  I want his steals near 1.5 instead of .8 as an indicator of his ball pressure.  He will definitely be pushed in practice to defend Cooper and run the offense against Wright so I love the competition in the PG room.  I usually like a vet in the mix but with Nate as a well-respected former PG he can act as that voice.  With Cooper and Wright I just don’t see a spot for Lou.
 

I count 7 guys even without John who can be asked to defend multiple positions based on matchups in OO (4 and 5), Dre (1-4), Kevin (2, 3) , Bogi (2, 3), Wright (1, 2) Cam (1-3) and Dieng (4,5).   With the added playmaking in Wright and Cooper, and the added offensive rebounding with Johnson, Dieng, and Thompson (haven’t seen him on any updated rosters, what’s up with that?) Schlenk has just been running circles around his peers.  Elite GMing.  Fully healthy I expect this team to do some historic sh*t.
 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If you're referring to Tristan Thompson, he's going to Sacramento.

Appreciate it, I didn’t get that memo.  He would’ve been a nice screening piece but I’m not losing sleep over him.  I prefer Dieng.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Appreciate it, I didn’t get that memo.  He would’ve been a nice screening piece but I’m not losing sleep over him.  I prefer Dieng.

Hawks sent Dunn and Bruno to Boston - Boston sent Tristen Thompson to the Kings - Kings sent Atlanta guard Delon Wright.  

This is the trade that we are waiting to complete until Friday before it becomes "official."

:hi:

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AHF said:

It is a very good pair, especially for the price tag.  Not sure I'd say it is the best defensive pairing just because we saw the limitations of Cap last post-season but it is very good.

Whose the best? Embiid and Mr. D in Philly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whose the best? Embiid and Mr. D in Philly?

I think Embiid is a bigger impact on both ends of the floor.  I probably like G better than D on D but not enough to close the gap.  Rudy Gobert probably also carries Utah to this ranking.  Haven't really thought through all of them but I am loving the Cap/Gorgui combo!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Whose the best? Embiid and Mr. D in Philly?

Are you talking about Mr. Dwight back on the Lakers Howard?

Mr. D no 3 Simmons? 

I don't think they'll be top in that department this yr. I think their best bet is to pair Embiid and Dame with a 3rd like Tobias.

If they keep Thyblle maybe they will still be decent but I doubt they can keep him if they get Dame.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sillent said:

Are you talking about Mr. Dwight back on the Lakers Howard?

Mr. D no 3 Simmons? 

I don't think they'll be top in that department this yr. I think their best bet is to pair Embiid and Dame with a 3rd like Tobias.

If they keep Thyblle maybe they will still be decent but I doubt they can keep him if they get Dame.

No didn’t the Sixers get Drummond? Are Embiid and Drummond a better combo defensively than Capela and Dieng?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No didn’t the Sixers get Drummond? Are Embiid and Drummond a better combo defensively than Capela and Dieng?

Oh wow the 76ers got Drummond? He's still not the best defender but rebounds might be harder to come by with that pairing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sillent said:

Oh wow the 76ers got Drummond? He's still not the best defender but rebounds might be harder to come by with that pairing.

Ya I think we got the best 1/2 defensive punch as far as centers.

1. Hawks- Capela/Dieng

2. NY Knicks- Mitchell Rob/Nerlens Noel

3. Sixers- Embiid/Drummond

4. Grizz- Adams/Clarke

5. Kings- Holmes/Tristan Thompson 

 

We may have the best. Sixers bigs could also be better than the Knicks arguably.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Rudy Gobert probably also carries Utah to this ranking. 

He should be good enough alone. I left the Jazz out of the top 5 but I should have put them in for sure as I see Ersan is listed as Rudy’s primary backup on the Jazz depth chart. Ersan is one of the best ever in the history of the league at drawing charges and that’s definitely defense.

Bump the Jazz to 1st. :unsure: Ok 2nd after us I really like Cap/Dieng better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I think we got the best 1/2 defensive punch as far as centers.

1. Hawks- Capela/Dieng

2. NY Knicks- Mitchell Rob/Nerlens Noel

3. Sixers- Embiid/Drummond

4. Grizz- Adams/Clarke

5. Kings- Holmes/Tristan Thompson 

 

We may have the best. Sixers bigs could also be better than the Knicks arguably.

1. Hawks

2. Jazz - Gobert/Ers

3. Knicks

4. Sixers

5. Grizz

6. Kings

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

1. Hawks

2. Jazz - Gobert/Ers

3. Knicks

4. Sixers

5. Grizz

6. Kings

 

 

Is Ers at this age the best they can do? Can he still take those charges without seriously getting injured lol...

Seriously though people might not like it but an engaged AD & Dwight might be near the top of that top 5. When engaged of course and both can be iffy in that department. I can see them definitely over the Kings and possibly the Knicks. 

Grizzlies with Steven Adams & JJJ might be a sleeper on that end. I would not sleep on Jarrett Jackson & Evan Mobley though. It may be too early for them but they could  also be a nasty defensive combo early.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

2. Jazz - Gobert/Ers

Keep them at #2 but take out Ers and put in Whiteside. 
 

 

   

4 hours ago, sillent said:

Is Ers at this age the best they can do?

Apparently not they were in line with you and got Whiteside. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.