• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson (Josh Smith)

sillent

• Moderators
15 hours ago, sillent said:

It might've only been a yr to 3 at max. Definitely didn't say he was born shooting lol... He did eventually develop a mid range and went off during that season.

Maybe it was one of the yrs Horford went down. Don't act like we all didn't know he was a work in progress though lol... He eventually progressed with the midrange for us.

Too bad he tried to include 3's like the yr after. It just made it all look bad.

Still not sure we are talking about the same player.  Here is his fg% from 10-16 by year with the Hawks.  When did this get good?

image.png

By my way of looking at it, that goes from gross (34.6%) to OMG my eyes are burning (18.4%/18.6%).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm just a guy on the internet so take this with a grain of salt.  The team has been (and this is not hyperbole) overjoyed with the work put in so far by Jalen and Sharife. The inside buzz is they had their best draft in the TS era and that's saying something. They feel both players are way ahead of their draft slot and maturity.  They feel both players will be consistent contributors by the end of their rookie contract and that's saying a lot when you consider the players in front of them on the depth chart.

The buzz is the Cooper is digesting material, learning reads and picking up....wait for it....defensive assignments, mechanics far above what they hoped for.  JJ's work ethic coming in has calmed everyone's fears about his commitment and work ethic. The team is most impressed with his balance and core strength for a player his size, age. They feel they got the steals of the draft and are very impressed with the BBIQ from both players. Take that for whatever its worth.

But on to Cam Reddish. See the clip :26 - :45 and you can see the work that was put into Cam's body since just last training camp. You can see he's in the gym, working on his game and body.

Great insight Camp.  Just a tidbit that this video of Cam was during his predraft workout and not recent. 

I do remember you saying that the team was pleased with his work ethic over the summer.  Sounds like all our guys are locking in and getting ready for this season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

What you have to remember @NBASupes is that people's memories are very short when it comes to star NBA players.  Joe Johnson is a great example of that. They remember 2006, 25 ppg, 4.2/4.4. What they don't remember is Joe's first 3 seasons in the league at ages 20-22 as a Celtic and Sun.  Joe averaged 6.3, 9.6, 9.8 PPG his first 3 seasons in the league while getting about 27 minutes per game. His rebounds and assists were pretty close at about 3.3/2.8 per game.  But Joe shot about 41.5% in his first 3 seasons and about 33% from 3. It took him time to develop just like everyone else. Expecting Cam out of the gate to be lights out was a nice dream and even you and I bumped heads about it. This was the year I originally said Cam would start putting it all together. Most people are seeing those 1st 2 years and feeling as though that's his ceiling. IMHO, Cam is just now starting to figure things out and starting to realize the work required to reach his potential. It would be foolish to give up on him now. Give people time, they'll come around and forget all about this nasty trade Cam nonsense in 3 years.

See Clyde the Glide.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm just a guy on the internet so take this with a grain of salt.  The team has been (and this is not hyperbole) overjoyed with the work put in so far by Jalen and Sharife. The inside buzz is they had their best draft in the TS era and that's saying something. They feel both players are way ahead of their draft slot and maturity.  They feel both players will be consistent contributors by the end of their rookie contract and that's saying a lot when you consider the players in front of them on the depth chart.

The buzz is the Cooper is digesting material, learning reads and picking up....wait for it....defensive assignments, mechanics far above what they hoped for.  JJ's work ethic coming in has calmed everyone's fears about his commitment and work ethic. The team is most impressed with his balance and core strength for a player his size, age. They feel they got the steals of the draft and are very impressed with the BBIQ from both players. Take that for whatever its worth.

But on to Cam Reddish. See the clip :26 - :45 and you can see the work that was put into Cam's body since just last training camp. You can see he's in the gym, working on his game and body.

Music to my ears. It’s weird to see so much competency around these parts.  I don’t know if I have ever seen a team that I was as excited about the present as much as the future. 

• Like 4

• 2 years later...