• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's left to be done?

capstone21

Decide which of Cooper or Mays gets a full contract or if both get two ways.
Resign Lou Will for a small amount at one or two years.
Continue to marvel at Solo's hilarious posts.

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to What's left to be done?
25 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Collins resigned, backup pg acquired, backup center signed, Trae extended.

Other then getting Kevin taken care of what else do we need to acquire?

Put some icing on the cake and add Paul Millsap and Lou Williams as our 3rd string, steady hands, veteran types. Would be nice to get a ring for/with them.

I say let Lou kick rocks.  He wanted to retire when he was traded here.  Let him ride someone else’s coattails.

I would atleast like to feel the hole of Nathan Knight with Paul Millsap if anything. The right vets around Jalen Johnson and Sharife to help them along their 1st yr or to fill in until their ready. I think Paul and Lou would be great mentors for them both.

Sometimes peers like Trae Young and JC are looked at as more competition than guidance. It's easier to respect the OG's knowing they aren't taking your place and they've been there and done that.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 3

2 roster spots open. Give one of them to Mays or Cooper on a guaranteed rookie contract similar to what we gave Bruno. Give the other player a 2-way contract. Find a 3rd string wing, and call it an off-season, barring any trades.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Collins resigned, backup pg acquired, backup center signed, Trae extended.

Other then getting Kevin taken care of what else do we need to acquire?

Find a trade partner for Gallo. @sturt 🏃‍♀️ 

13 minutes ago, sillent said:

I would atleast like to feel the hole of

:unsure:

17 minutes ago, sillent said:

It's deeper than that.

:indifferent:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I kinda prefer a vet wing to Lou, but I'm ashamed for thinking it.

My logic is, if we got to choose one vet between Sap or Lou. I am choosing Sap. Better player and can play 4 when JC is at the 5. Also if Gallo is out, he can fill in, not Solo. I'll rather Solo be 100% a coach in the locker room instead of someone who has to play as he did this year.

• Like 4

Looking at it another way...

If we assume JC, Gallo, Clint, Deing, Hunter, Cam, Solo, Bogi, Heurter, Trae, and Wright playing meaningful minutes.

And if our two draft picks and Mays play most of their minutes in the GLeague, then we really only have 11 guys dressing for "varsity" games.

If we fill another slot with Lou or Sap it would help.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Looking at it another way...

If we assume JC, Gallo, Clint, Deing, Hunter, Cam, Solo, Bogi, Heurter, Trae, and Wright playing meaningful minutes.

And if our two draft picks and Mays play most of their minutes in the GLeague, then we really only have 11 guys dressing for "varsity" games.

If we fill another slot with Lou or Sap it would help.

Solo is not getting minutes. He is an enforcer and culture setter, that can play SF if absolutely necessary. 

I thought Sap was dead but he was pretty efficient last season.  We could certainly use a front court player with a 2:1 assist to turn ratio; last season was his first and he should be able to duplicate that here.  If we sign Coop and Mays I’ll consider this roster complete.  Just sit back and watch all the position groups fight for minutes as we blow out every team we should.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2