What's left to be done?

capstone21

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

could certainly use a front court player

Where, though?

PF: Collins | Gallo | Johnson

C Capela | OO | Dieng

And then you have Solo and Dre who both have logged minutes at the 4.

It's a nice thought, but that ship has sailed... at least, unless another shoe drops.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Where, though?

C Capela | OO | Dieng

It's a nice thought, but that ship has sailed... at least, unless another shoe drops.

There is certainly a logjam, I was just pointing out he’s a better passer than any of them.  I’m hoping JJ can play a hybrid 3/4.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

There is certainly a logjam, I was just pointing out he’s a better passer than any of them.  I’m hoping JJ can play a hybrid 3/4.

His natural position should be SF I think that's what he was mainly playing in college. I think PF will be his secondary position and mainly he'll play it depending on matchups or injuries.

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

9 players

3 players signed or resigned

2 drafted 

1 two way - Mays 

We got one truly open spot, we can bring back Lou Will or go and sign Sap.

I was reaching in a bag someone gave me saying Sharife Cooper might be on a two way as well being a second round pick. If that's the case we can get them both.

7 minutes ago, sillent said:

I was reaching in a bag someone gave me saying Sharife Cooper might be on a two way as well being a second round pick. If that's the case we can get them both.

It's all about bird rights for me. THT and Graham showed you have these three year deals are invaluable 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Where, though?

C Capela | OO | Dieng

That's the beauty of having an aging vet. They know playing time is limited but can still fill a role if necessary. Also they bring just as much off the court as on in the locker room, weight room, conference room, etc

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We kinda short on wings

Hunter/Cam/Bogi/Huerter is great but after that, it gets WEAK. Hill and Mays? JJ is a combo forward. Doesn't shoot well enough to be a wing.

JJ has the potential to fill any role but definitely a wing/point forward role early in his career. Delon Wright is 6'5. Praying we are short on injuries and if so Hunter, Cam, Bogi, Huerter wing combo is deeper and better than most in the league. Of course there are a few exceptions but only a few.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's all about bird rights for me. THT and Graham showed you have these three year deals are invaluable 

I agree personally. At the same time I'm sure Cooper wouldn't mind a two way his 1st yr playing with his hometown team while getting tutored under Lou and possibly winning a championship.

Copied this ...

Kawhi Leonard
Dennis Schröder
Andre Iguodala
Kelly Oubre
Danny Green
Lauri Markkanen
Paul Millsap
Elfrid Payton
Reggie Jackson
Josh Hart
Victor Oladipo
Justise Winslow
JJ Redick
Lou Williams
Wesley Matthews
Dion Waiters
Demarcus Cousins

Anybody like anybody?

Cousins, Lauri, lOladipo (I could see this happening later in the season).

I thought Josh Hart was signed already.

• Premium Member

Realistically, 

we should be planning for the trade of Gallo.  Not any time soon but in the future.  That means finding a capable PF (BU type) and some ending contracts to replace Gallo either at the deadline or next offseason. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Realistically, 

we should be planning for the trade of Gallo.  Not any time soon but in the future.  That means finding a capable PF (BU type) and some ending contracts to replace Gallo either at the deadline or next offseason. 

SnT Lauri for Gallo?