• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's left to be done?

capstone21

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think he is a natural passer and probably a better ball handler than Hunter.  He certainly sees the floor better than Hunter now.  I couldn't tell what his perimeter defense looked like but he does have the fluidity to play it.

You need to watch his full scouting videos. He shows flashes of being a better ball handler than Hunter, but that's not very consistent. His passing in transition is very good, but in the half court needs improvement.  He has tons of potential on the defensive end, but at times was checked out or lost.

No minutes for Lou at the 2.  Barely minutes for Huerter at the 2 without injury.  when there is an injury. Cam will slide to the 2 which I think is his best position anyway

I get that, I said in a pinch.

For instance, to start the year, Cam or Kev will be moved in to the starting lineup with Dre out, and that leaves an opening for backup SG minutes that allows Lou or Wright to fill and the other to hold down back up PG.

Trae-Lou

Bogi-Wright

Kev- Cam (or vice versa) and obviously they would get the lion's share of minutes on the wing, but you still have stretches that you can run Lou and Wright together.

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

I get that, I said in a pinch.

For instance, to start the year, Cam or Kev will be moved in to the starting lineup with Dre out,

Dre won't be out at the beginning of the year.  He had a Knee scope not reconstructive surgery

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We were winning games with gleague players so i would venture to speculate that JJ is better than Nathan Knight and Goodwin.

I wouldn't go that far now 😄 - if we are winning a game and the GL player comes in for the last 3 minutes that's not them really helping us win. 

I'm gonna be generous - anything 8 minutes (at least 2 minutes a quarter) or above is a something worth considering as a real contribution. 

Example: Both Knight and Mays played in 33 games, about a 1/3 (11 games) of those were 8+ minutes, there are a lot of 3 minute games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't go that far now 😄 - if we are winning a game and the GL player comes in for the last 3 minutes that's not them really helping us win. 

I'm gonna be generous - anything 8 minutes (at least 2 minutes a quarter) or above is a something worth considering as a real contribution. 

Example: Both Knight and Mays played in 33 games, about a 1/3 (11 games) of those were 8+ minutes, there are a lot of 3 minute games.

Knight won at least one game and Goodwin several others

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Dre won't be out at the beginning of the year.  He had a Knee scope not reconstructive surgery

Maybe he will be back in time, which we all want to see. That would be awesome and I'm looking forward to it.

But initial reports were that he had Knee Surgery to repair his meniscus tear, not a scope. Did this change and when did they say it was just a scope? My understanding was he had the scope during the season to avoid surgery, which is why it was able to flare back up

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/06/09/hawks-deandre-hunter-will-miss-remainder-nba-postseason

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't understand the rush to replace proven vets with unproven draftees. Like we have any idea what we have in Jalen Johnson. Some guys aren't even playable until their 3rd year in the league.

Yea it does not make any sense to me and makes me think people just like playing monopoly money, getting rid of proven vets for cheaper unknown younger players, sounds like a bad idea right now with our team having such good chemistry.

Let the front office worry about cap issues

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, swanlee said:

getting rid of proven vets for cheaper unknown younger players, sounds like a bad idea right now with our team having such good chemistry.

That's kinda what we did this past year.  We got rid of a lot of vets like Carter, Bembry, Len, Evan Turner, Crabbe, Teague, Parker, Dedman and started playing our young core more

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That's kinda what we did this past year.  We got rid of a lot of vets like Carter, Bembry, Len, Evan Turner, Crabbe, Teague, Parker, Dedman and started playing our young core more

No, we played our young core the same and replaced those terrible vets with serviceable vets - Bogi, Gallo, Snell, Hill, Rondo, and Williams.  - Gallo and Bogi contributed way more than any other vets we had in the past. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

We got better vets last season to surround the younger core.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A wing player, can't gave enough. Solo shouldn't play unless in a real emergency. So we only have 4 wings: Bogdon, Huerter, Hunter, Reddish.

PG: Young, Wright
SG: Bogdan, Huerter
SF: Hunter, Reddish, Solo
PF: Collins, Gallinari, Johnson
C Capela, Dieng, Okongwu

Cooper (2 Way)

Mays (???)

Updated:

PG: Young, Wright, Lou
C Capela, Dieng, Okongwu

Cooper (2 Way)

Mays (???)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated:

PG: Young, Wright, Lou
C Capela, Dieng, Okongwu

Cooper (2 Way)

Mays (???)

Yeah.. that's about how I see it.   Lou is OG but will come in for a PG.   Wright is an OG and will come in to BU PG. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Bringing Sap back would be cool, but I'd be much more inclined to go after another wing to play behind our core 4 in Bogi, Huerter, Hunter, and Reddish. Someone like Wesley Matthews would be a nice edition I believe. He doesn't have to play much, and would only play if there a lot of injuries to the team.

My preference as well. Who are the best wings left in FAcy we can afford?

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Best of the Rest FA Wings:

image.png

Yeah, they might be better off just leaving a roster spot open heading into the year and waiting on someone to get bought out to get added to the team.

• Like 1