• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams or Paul Millsap: Who should be our 12th man?

NBASupes

Lou Williams or Paul Millsap: Who should be our 12th man?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Lou Williams or Paul Millsap: Who should be our 12th man?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/2021 at 04:59 AM

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The only way we get both is if Lou is happy with the minimum, right?

Not true. Exact opposite, actually. We can pay Lou anything we want b/c we have his Bird rights.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, I think they end up signing both now that Cooper will be on a two way deal.  

Guaranteed Contracts:

• Trae Young, PG
  • John Collins, PF/C
  • Danillo Gallinari, PF
  • Bojan Bogdanovich, SG
  • Clint Capela, C
  • Kevin Heurter, SG/SF
  • DeAndre Hunter, SF
  • Cam Reddish, SG/SF
  • Gorgui Dieng, C
  • Delon Wright, PG
  • Jalen Johnson, PF/SF
  • Solomon Hill, PF/SF
  • Skylar Mays, SG
  • Lou Williams, PG/SG
  • Paul Millsap, PF/C

Injured List:

• Onyeka Okongwu, C

Two Way Contracts:

• Sharife Cooper, PG
  • Admiral Schofield, SF/PF

Onyeka still counts as a guaranteed contract.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think we only have room for one more contract. I'd like to have both but if I have to pick then bring back Millsap. Gallo always misses time during the season. I'd rather have Millsap out there at backup PF than the hobo from the 70's getting minutes.

Depends on if Skylar Mays gets an NBA contract or another 2way.  It's it's a two way - we have 2 spots available.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, I think they end up signing both now that Cooper will be on a two way deal.  

Guaranteed Contracts:

• Bojan Bogdanovich, SG

We know you meant Bogdan Bogdanovich. 🙂 (And for the record, it's why I prefer BogBog over Bogi... less confusion.)

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

The deal is not done and we don't know how he will run our offense in our system, we know how Lou will when he is playing PG and Trae is out and we have much more of a log jam at forward. 

I mean. I get that Lou is a known vs Wright, but I wasn't all that impressed with Lou running the offense when Trae was out.  He can go super sonic and get buckets like mad, but in terms of actually running the offense?  I didn't really see it.  He's a scorer that can pass, but we are in trouble if Trae goes down for a stretch and Lou is the only option, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I mean. I get that Lou is a known vs Wright, but I wasn't all that impressed with Lou running the offense when Trae was out.  He can go super sonic and get buckets like mad, but in terms of actually running the offense?  I didn't really see it.  He's a scorer that can pass, but we are in trouble if Trae goes down for a stretch and Lou is the only option, imo. 

Wright is better than Lou hands down. I think Lou would be insurance in case one of Wright or Young go down for any meaningful stretch of games... but both these guys have been very durable so I don't think that's very likely. I think Gallo missing games is almost a sure thing though, JC also seems to miss at least 10 games a year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

So we really wanna see Solomon Hill or the 20th pick get bulk minutes at PF in case Gallo (or JC)  goes down?

That response suggests you can have an ideal alternative option for every possible roster twist or turn.

But you can't, obviously.

And that's why you attempt to have 3 players at every position.

Schlenk decided on Hill. Some of us may have preferred to wait to see if there was another option.

This is what it is.

But by the way... again... Dre has played PF, and probably is what Schlenk has in mind in a pinch.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

That response suggests you can have an ideal alternative option for every possible roster twist or turn.

Schlenk decided on Hill. Some of us may have preferred to wait to see if there was another option.

This is what it is.

But by the way... again... Dre has played PF, and probably is what Schlenk has in mind in a pinch.

why play Dre out of position when we can use the MLE on Sap? or who else should we use the MLE on that's better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is what it is.

Or you have players that play multiple positions like most teams these days which is why I don't get why you are using the antiquated 3 players for each spot.  Most teams want to have players that can at least play multiple positions in their units. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, mrhonline said:

His role is to stand in the corner on offense and be a nuisance on defense. That's a 4 in the modern NBA.

But he can't guard PFs, and he doesn't rebound, his defense was much better at SF. I actually thought his SF minutes were serviceable but it was his PF minutes that were a freaking disaster. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

why play Dre out of position when we can use the MLE on Sap? or who else should we use the MLE on that's better?

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

In other words, to the degree that you don't cover yourself with 3 players with primary roles at each position, automatically, you make your roster more vulnerable at those other positions.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't get why you are using the antiquated 3 players for each spot.  Most teams want to have players that can at least play multiple positions in their units. 

We agree on the last sentence.

But fact is, most players play better at a specific position, and the other positions they're just okay at. So, they tend to play that position where they are most typically best suited.

So, no, GMs mainly continue to try to fill their team according to 3 guys who are "most-best" in each position. Nothing antiquated about it. It's still the prevailing wisdom because it's just rational to approach it that way.

And one more time...

14 minutes ago, sturt said: