• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams is back (again)!

ATLHawks3

There is always room for a player who can get buckets. Guys like Lou are invaluable not many in the world. It seems like there was a market for him. Glad we signed him. The time will come when we will need his skill. 

Question, are the HAWKS grooming  Skylar Mays to eventually replace Lou. I was impressed by his ability to score in his limited playing time. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

There is always room for a player who can get buckets. Guys like Lou are invaluable not many in the world. It seems like there was a market for him. Glad we signed him. The time will come when we will need his skill. 

Question, are the HAWKS grooming  Skylar Mays to eventually replace Lou. I was impressed by his ability to score in his limited playing time. 

I think the bench scoring role will fall to Gallo, Cam, and Kevin while they play on the bench.

• Like 1

Lou will be really useful on some periods of the season. I am sure he cuts time from Mays, Wright, Cooper and even Huerter at the beginning of the season but at mid season when we are hit by injuries and OO is back we will see the reason why he is signed. He is also going to be key at end of the season.

• Like 3

Can’t say I’m excited about a guy with a 101 to 118 rating last season with us but he’s integral to the poise of our young guys.  He isn’t getting any younger, still his career low .370 on 2 pointers has to be an anomaly seeing how his 3 point and FT percentages were much higher than his career averages, albeit on lower frequencies.  His playing time will be tied to how his mid range is working.  Rather see Mays cut his teeth with Cam, JJ, Gallo, and Dieng tho.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Can’t say I’m excited about a guy with a 101 to 118 rating last season with us but he’s integral to the poise of our young guys.  He isn’t getting any younger, still his career low .370 on 2 pointers has to be an anomaly seeing how his 3 point and FT percentages were much higher than his career averages, albeit on lower frequencies.  His playing time will be tied to how his mid range is working.  Rather see Mays cut his teeth with Cam, JJ, Gallo, and Dieng tho.

He's not a bad end of the bench guy to have for cheap. If he's on he can single handedly win you a game, we saw it in the playoffs. IF he doesn't pan out he's still a valueable mentor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1