• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams is back (again)!

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup was wondering that when someone mentioned trade. Pretty sure there was zero chance Lou would have signed without some guarantee he wouldn't be moved. 

Actually, he doesn't have to ask--it's part of the deal when you sign a 1 year deal as he did. If I recall correctly (?), it has to do with the fact that he's been signed under Bird rights, but I'll appeal to others to correct me if I've got that part wrong.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
If this is Lou Williams’ last year in the NBA, a big music career could be part of his retirement plan … ’cause rapper 2KBABY tells TMZ Sports he’s spent hours in the studio with the hooper — and they have a bunch of songs ready to drop!!! The 35-year-old Atlanta Hawks guard recently spoke out about his future in the league … saying 2021-22 could very well be the last time we see Lou Will on the court.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The only thing I can come up with is that Nate things Lou's playoff performance is a better indicator of how the 35 year old can contribute than what he showed during the regular season last year or this year.  In the playoffs, Lou was an efficient scorer shooting 45.4% from the field, 43.3% from 3pt range and nearly 100% from the line.  That was a great surprise and really helped the team when he was called on to step in.

But that isn't the reality for Lou.  That was a hot streak.  For the rest of his career, he shoots less than 40% from the field and less than 25% from 3pt range in the playoffs.  Last regular season, he shot 38.9% from the floor and this season he is shooting a woeful 32.5% from the field and 20% from range.  And we all know that he is a huge liability on defense and does no meaningful playmaking.  He is an 'instant offense' type of scorer and that is all.  

I'd rather not have him on the roster at all if Nate is going to bench Delon who has been a highly productive two-way point guard for years.  You don't even need to get into the +/- numbers which scream this (and that is ok because small sample size) because you have a several year sample size that tells you that Delon is not only the better choice but better by a very, very wide margin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Williams has the ability.  Just because he's a year older he didn't "suddenly" lose his ability to shoot and score.  He's in a terrible slump.  It may end his career.  Hopefully, he will snap out of it.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I see all y'all were happy to see the Hawks waste a roster spot on Lou then...what about now?

I still think he is a good fit as a guy who sits at the end of the bench and is available in case of injury.  I loved us drafting Coop but I'd be pissed if he were starting over Trae and struggling.  Same with Lou playing over Wright.  Not so much unhappy about him being on the roster as unhappy with how Nate is using him.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Has any reporter asked Nate why Delon has not been receiving any minutes?  I haven't listened to the post game interviews lately.

I dunno but Coop needs some burn soon. We need a spark.bling season so maybe mix it up a bit Nate.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I see all y'all were happy to see the Hawks waste a roster spot on Lou then...what about now?

Most of us thought he would be 3rd stringer, the bucket getter off the bench when that unit needed a scoring punch.  IIRC most of us who did the projected lineups had Wright as the backup to Trae.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Most of us thought he would be 3rd stringer, the bucket getter off the bench when that unit needed a scoring punch.  IIRC most of us who did the projected lineups had Wright as the backup to Trae.

Ya I sort of thought we were “preserving” him for the postseason. Didn’t think we would be relying on him because he’s even known to go in slumps for long periods, however on the other end of it, when he gets hot 🥵 that’s lasts a while as well. Hoping the latter gets going soon. We need a better Lou out there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/8/2021 at 2:13 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah...not sure you're gonna like it:

Took me awhile to find it^^......Because Lou is in the rotation....Stop it Nate!!!

On 11/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Still this^