• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter and Hawks begin talks on contract extension

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Kevin Huerter and Hawks begin talks on contract extension
  • Moderators

I'd try to get him signed to 4 years at $14.   He might should shoot for a shorter, pricier deal because the potential is there to land a bigger contract in a couple years.   I'm not sure what the options are for extensions.     I mean Duncan Robinson signed for 5/90 and Kevin's ceiling is a lot higher.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Comparable players?

Davis Bertans - $16 per

THJr - 4/$72, $18 per

Duncan Robinson - 5/$90 , but only $80 is guaranteed, so $16 per

Joe Harris - 4/$72 guaranteed, $18 per

Buddy Hield 4/$86 ..$21 per

Bogi - $18 per

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Comparable players?

Davis Bertans - $16 per

THJr - 4/$72, $18 per

Bogi - $18 per

So his market value should be somewhere in the 16-18 range. Will see if he take a discount.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, turnermx said:

So his market value should be somewhere in the 16-18 range. Will see if he take a discount.

If it's an early extension it usually falls on the lower end and is considered a good deal for the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Comparable players?

Davis Bertans - $16 per

THJr - 4/$72, $18 per

Bogi - $18 per

I'd say Bertans and Hield are overpaid.   Harris and Bogi are better than Kev right now and are starters.   Robinson and THJ i'm not fans of so i'm biased.   so I'm going to say $15-$16/year on an extension.   

• Like 3

Hopefully it goes well. Now is the time where our players have to make a little sacrifice and show they really want to be here. Sharife's young but I definitely see it in him and understand why with him being a hometown kid.

JC made us sweat a little but he deserves it being the longest tenured player on this squad and going thru the most losing/suffering.

Trae deserves it as well for being the head of the snake.

Huerter has definitely been progressing but we are at the point of building with our team where we have options going forward. All of our young players are smart and they know this and the question now is can we/they come to reasonable sacrifices to stay with the team and be a part of the dynasty.

The way we're currently constructed we could keep all 8 of our young core (2 down) for awhile. We should have atleast  3-4yrs to deal with the contracts of our rookies and OO so Kevin, Cam and DeAndre are our main concerns right now. If they can work with us than we can shed contract weight via our vets.

If they're all about the bag right now than unfortunately we would have to let them go replacing them with more favorable deals. Honestly I see Cam and Dre as 2 of the best wing defenders in the league and if healthy this yr should make that fully apparent.

In that case Huerter is the more expendable one depending on how he and his agent work with us on this new contract. If Kevin has to get a bag that's a little more pricey than we expect than just like with JC I'd give him that bag with the understanding that he will also be possibly traded to free up cap space again.

It's a thin line because we want all our players to get paid what they're worth but we are also trying to build/keep a dynasty so sacrifices will have to be made.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'd try to get him signed to 4 years at $14.   He might should shoot for a shorter, pricier deal because the potential is there to land a bigger contract in a couple years.   I'm not sure what the options are for extensions.     I mean Duncan Robinson signed for 5/90 and Kevin's ceiling is a lot higher.   

nah absolute 0 chance he'll take 14 per imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What price range do you guys see for Huerter?  Low to High.

I see anywhere from $13-$18.

Id ask for 20 mill  year if Im Kev..lol. I mean, they gave Collins 25..............................

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Comparable players?

Davis Bertans - $16 per

THJr - 4/$72, $18 per

Bogi - $18 per

lol Buddy Heild overpaid ass...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Now do Collins......

You want me to do salaries for starting Bigs similar to Collins?

Collins $25 mil

Julius Randle $28 mil

Tobias Harris $35 mil

Sabonis $18 mil

Al Horford $27 mill

Kevin Love $31 mil

Jarrett Allen $20

Jonathan Isaac $20 mil

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You want me to do salaries for starting Bigs similar to Collins?

Collins $25 mil

Julius Randle $28 mil

Tobias Harris $35 mil

Sabonis $18 mil

Al Horford $27 mill

Kevin Love $31 mil

Jarrett Allen $20

Jonathan Isaac $20 mil

Randle owns Collins..

Sabonis at 18 is great..

Issac avgs 17.5 a year which is good..

(Collins avg 7 more a yr than Isaac and Sabonis)

Cleveland had to pay Allen(nobody is going to Cleveland) and Tobias is waaaaay overpaid.

Horford and Love are vets on 3rd or 4th contracts. They dont count..lol

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Randle owns Collins..

Sabonis at 18 is great..

Issac avgs 17.5 a year which is good..

(Collins avg 7 more a yr than Isaac and Sabonis)

Cleveland had to pay Allen(nobody is going to Cleveland) and Tobias is waaaaay overpaid.

Horford and Love are vets on 3rd or 4th contracts. They dont count..lol

Randle owns Collins..  Own? Randle was putrid in the playoffs

Sabonis at 18 is great.. he received that contract at a much lower salary cap and it was an early extension, if he had waited for RFA he would have likely gotten more money

Issac avgs 17.5 a year which is good...he is also consistently injured so he had to settle

(Collins avg 7 more a yr than Isaac and Sabonis) - and well deserved based on when he received his contract and health

Cleveland had to pay Allen(nobody is going to Cleveland) Hawks had to pay Collins and Tobias is waaaaay overpaid. Yes he is

Horford and Love are vets on 3rd or 4th contracts. They dont count..lol - there aren't many PFs in his age range that I could think of off hand without further research.

• Thanks 3