• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter and Hawks begin talks on contract extension

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Kelvin says he's the third piece so I hope they get him taken care of within the next 6 weeks or so.

Love Kevin but that just isn’t the case.  Could represent problems if he wants to get paid as if he is currently or projects to be the third best player on the team.

I’d love to see him outdo Bogi, Cam and Hunter (with them all playing well and developing as hoped) but I’m very skeptical of that.  His game is more passive than you need from a #3.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yup. He, JC and Trae are the 3 longest tenured Hawks after the roster was completely rebuilt under Schlenk.

Those 3 were also at the center of our run last season considering all the injuries we had. Kev played the second most games on the team (67). And was probably asked to do the most of anyone. In and out of the starting lineup, guarding 3 positions and doing it well, playing on and off the ball. Kev may not be top 3 in talent, but his versatility and impact was vital for this teams success. 

I wonder what the Hawks record is with Trae, Kevin and John starting?  Seems like whenever they started together and played major minutes together, they won a lot. Even when Omari Spellman was here. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I wonder what the Hawks record is with Trae, Kevin and John starting?  Seems like whenever they started together and played major minutes together, they won a lot. Even when Omari Spellman was here. 

As starters it looks like they were 20-15 when all three started together.

Additionally:

Kev was 29-20 as a starter (.591)

Trae was 36-27 as a starter (.571)

JC was 34-29 as a starter (.540)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As starters it looks like they were 20-15 when all three started together.

Additionally:

Kev was 29-20 as a starter (.591)

Trae was 36-27 as a starter (.571)

JC was 34-29 as a starter (.540)

Wow. That’s just for this year right? He had the best winning percentage. I bet it is similar the previous two years too. 

On 8/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, gHost83 said:

I think Schröder's fumbling of the bag may give us some leverage.  Banking on yourself could have some huge consequences...  After a career year, maybe it would be wise to take what you can get...

Dennis was offered a MCM bag . .

Designer Leather Backpacks For Men | MCM® US

but he wanted a Gucci bag . . .

Gucci Ophidia GG Supreme medium monogrammed backpack - Harvey Nichols

The Lakers and the rest of the NBA said . . forget that . . and offered him a duck bag

ugly bookbags Online Shopping mall | Find the best prices and places to buy  -

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Seems to me he's talking about being the third piece chronologically, which is true. First it was the drafting of JC. Then the next year Trae went before him, and Kevin was the 3rd drafted player in our rebuild. 

I highly doubt he's intending what he said to mean he thinks he's the 3rd best player on the roster. 

Very glad I was mistaken about what he meant.  Should have read the source first!

• Like 1