• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter and Hawks begin talks on contract extension

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
Just now, sturt said:

Imo, Huerter's worth $16m/yr today.

But had he bet on himself, I think it's reasonable to think he could have gotten $90m over 4 years next off-season.

The reason it would be a bet is that the outcome would be uncertain.  Kevin's per 36 numbers are good but not great (14 points on 41% fg% and 13.9 points on 43% FG% the last two years) and his minutes are likely to be reduced this season from the 31 mpg he has gotten over those last two seasons.  Not certain at all that he would have gotten substantially more.  My guess is any amount above or below this would have been nibbling around the edges rather than something closing on 50% more.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, JeffS17 said:

We'll see what Kev gets but I really don't see him inking a $15M/yr with us.  Per 36 doesn't impact usage by the way, just normalizes minutes.  Every time Kev shares the court with Cam and Cam is shooting 10 bricks that's taking away opportunities for Kev.  Same for all the other guys that have to get touches on our team.  JC had the same issue but still got paid.

ahem!!!

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

ahem!!!

😂  I WAS OFF!  First time I've missed on the high-side, c'est la vie.  Can't tell you how happy I am with this extension though.  I do still think RFA would have been scary for a guy like Kev -- either way, this is a big relief!  Kev is going to be great Cam insurance -- with the security of his signing, we can extend Cam's leash a little longer to see if he can meet any of that potential we all see.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

ahem!!!

Oh, also, I knew there was ABSOLUTELY no way Cam would sign for as little as $15M so I'm very happy to be TECHNICALLY correct!