• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Hawks Training Camp News and Updates.

JayBirdHawk

I see even with the newcomers, no one likes high numbers. Wright had 55 which isn't available so he has 0.  No 30's or 40's.

We go from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and so on..lol

Just my lil hang up that looks odd, that's all.

Edited by Dnice

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh man I’m getting crazy excited. Bird that cat draggin gif might be in order soon I’m gettin hyphy. Lol. Coop set up on his shot looks like a buddy of mine from high school. It kinda pissed me off at the time cuz his release was slow but he could get people off their feet with kg’s fav ze pump game! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Update:

Schlenk noted that De’Andre Hunter (knee surgery) will not be a full go at the start of camp, but has progressed to playing 1-on-1 and should be o ready for the start of the season. Additionally, the GM added that Bogdan Bogdanovic (PRP injection in knee), Clint Capela (PRP injection in Achilles) and Kevin Huerter (ankle procedure) will all also be limited to start camp. Schlenk did note that he expects all four players to be ready to go by opening night, which is Oct. 21 when Atlanta hosts the Dallas Mavericks.

Schlenk also said that Onyeka Okongwu (shoulder surgery) is hoping to be back by late December as a personal goal, but the team remains on the original timeline that tracked him to be back some time in January.

The GM added that the Hawks will be 100% vaccinated for COVID-19 before the regular season. He notes that the entire staff and all players are already vaccinated, other than one player who is receiving his second shot next week.

So In other words, HUnter wont Be reAdY At stArt of seAson. GwU wont Be BAck In JAn. The rest on mIn restrIctIons..smh. TrAVIs Is VerY optImIstc wIth InjUrIes............

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

So In other words, HUnter wont Be reAdY At stArt of seAson. GwU wont Be BAck In JAn. The rest on mIn restrIctIons..smh. TrAVIs Is VerY optImIstc wIth InjUrIes............

Correct, this is how I interpret him regarding injuries.

A little disappointing but we are deep for a reason, so no worries. They will be back eventually, I just hope we aren't missing more guys by the time they return. I really would love to see us at full strength for a longer stretch of games than we are shorthanded if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Correct, this is how I interpret him regarding injuries.

A little disappointing but we are deep for a reason, so no worries. They will be back eventually, I just hope we aren't missing more guys by the time they return. I really would love to see us at full strength for a longer stretch of games than we are shorthanded if that makes sense.

BUt I wAnted DRe defense on OOkA....😀

Edited by terrell

Pre season games are useful for discovering what players are capable of.  All those who are limited, we already know about them.  This means that others will have more time on the floor to show everyone their talents.  

As we watch on TV, we hope to see a lot of our unknown (to us) players.  We want to win, naturally.  However, in pre season, shaking out the 20 man roster to 15 will be important.  Travis said that a couple of our 20 would probably be released and two new ones added in the pre season time.  Saying, this is nothing new.  That's just how things are done.  

WOW!  Practice time is almost here and pre season games are just around the corner !!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3