• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Hawks Training Camp News and Updates.

JayBirdHawk

On 9/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, Spud2nique said:

I’ll ask you this one last time.. ARE YOU KG? :indifferent: or… me.. :wacko:

26 minutes ago, hazer said:

image.gif.1f38cbb9a74fe84b1e0d15147f654f78.gif

Eggzellent question 🤔 

In all fairness, pure coincidence that I also annoyed my friends for years using the “eggz” in place of “exc” in texts and was actually surprised to see The Cagey-Wan doing the same here on HS. Had already posted many times before even noticing the mimic. Same for the WTF Mullet Guy, based on the singer of my fave guilty pleasure band Blink 182 from one of their vids. Been cracking up friends (and annoying the Wifer) with all 3 versions of that gif (regular, Homer Simpson, and Matrix) for over a decade. Dopplesquawkerz…….or ARE we 🤔 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Blink 182

Not Pearl Jam’s fav Mookie Blaylock? :laugh1: As a hip hopper growing up we respected Nirvana, Blink, Red Hot 🥵 chili, Green Day, Pearl Jam and REM. Possibly a few others. Outside of that I only know Pac, Smalls and the west coast bad boys 4 life.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Update:

Schlenk noted that De’Andre Hunter (knee surgery) will not be a full go at the start of camp, but has progressed to playing 1-on-1 and should be ready for the start of the season. Additionally, the GM added that Bogdan Bogdanovic (PRP injection in knee), Clint Capela (PRP injection in Achilles) and Kevin Huerter (ankle procedure) will all also be limited to start camp. Schlenk did note that he expects all four players to be ready to go by opening night, which is Oct. 21 when Atlanta hosts the Dallas Mavericks.

Schlenk also said that Onyeka Okongwu (shoulder surgery) is hoping to be back by late December as a personal goal, but the team remains on the original timeline that tracked him to be back some time in January.

The GM added that the Hawks will be 100% vaccinated for COVID-19 before the regular season. He notes that the entire staff and all players are already vaccinated, other than one player who is receiving his second shot next week.

Forgive if horse's mouth vid is already posted under one of the other threads...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Not Pearl Jam’s fav Mookie Blaylock? :laugh1: As a hip hopper growing up we respected Nirvana, Blink, Red Hot 🥵 chili, Green Day, Pearl Jam and REM. Possibly a few others. Outside of that I only know Pac, Smalls and the west coast bad boys 4 life.

I was into both in the 90s: Nirvana AND Pac 🤘🏼

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I still love Nirvana. 90s was a Great era for music. Can't say the same thing for our current era unfortunately. 

First three letters of my username is an homage to Nirvana.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I still love Nirvana. 90s was a Great era for music. Can't say the same thing for our current era unfortunately. 

Saw Nirvana live at The Omni 11/29/93 only a few months before his suicide. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hazer said:

Saw Nirvana live at The Omni 11/29/93 only a few months before his suicide. 

I worked at the gas ⛽️ station 🚉 and pumped full service for my first job ever and worked with a guy who loved blasting that. He also looked like Kurt himself and got a lot of tang.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I worked at the gas ⛽️ station 🚉 and pumped full service for my first job ever and worked with a guy who loved blasting that. He also looked like Kurt himself and got a lot of tang.

I had a left-handed guitarist friend who looked just like him too (he knew it and milked it) and scored proficiently as well 🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You get any collateral action from that connection? 😳

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

I had a left-handed guitarist friend who looked just like him too (he knew it and milked it) and scored proficiently as well 🤣

Couldn’t find any of his younger thinner long-haired band shots, but you can still see it here:

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Couldn’t find any of his younger thinner long-haired band shots, but you can still see it here:

image.png

:laugh1: yup. If you out there my Kurt (Tim) I holla atcha and appreciate you workin out with me those late nights in the 90’s at 24 hour nautilus it was back then. Was like an older brother.

Yup, same face imagine the Rockers hair. We are not only the same person but apparently had the same friends too. :laugh1:

INCOMING…

image.gif.adadbdca192857202a0fc1847d7870f7.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, hazer said:

You get any collateral action from that connection? 😳

No I worked for a mafia type family that owned the station.. but I did eat paint chips as a kid but that’s a separate issue.

image.gif.53b84fbf18d1ffba525eea135621b611.gif

ps There is a stereotype in movies where the has attend uses one rag for everything like checking out the oil wiping gas ⛽️ up and then eating bananas 🍌 while doing push-ups? All true.  💪🏾 😃 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: yup. If you out there my Kurt (Tim) I holla atcha and appreciate you workin out with me those late nights in the 90’s at 24 hour nautilus it was back then. Was like an older brother.

Yup, same face imagine the Rockers hair. We are not only the same person but apparently had the same friends too. :laugh1:

INCOMING…

image.gif.adadbdca192857202a0fc1847d7870f7.gif

image.gif.f4d9cc81366625877bea1333241124ac.gif

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I should have gone. I remember regretting not going, I was only in 5th grade though but my mom was cool like that. 

I was a senior at UGA, we were halfway back halfway up on stage left and could clearly see Courtney holding baby Bean on the side of the stage the entire show 🤘🏼

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, Spud2nique said:

No I worked for a mafia type family that owned the station.. but I did eat paint chips as a kid but that’s a separate issue.

image.gif.53b84fbf18d1ffba525eea135621b611.gif

ps There is a stereotype in movies where the has attend uses one rag for everything like checking out the oil wiping gas ⛽️ up and then eating bananas 🍌 while doing push-ups? All true.  💪🏾😃 

Must have been good times for sure.

Zoolander Gas GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2